(2) Fate's crossroads.

Warning: Mention of smoking ( Don't smoke children)

Y/N POV:

Jimin and I sat on wooden chairs outside the coffee shop by the roadside, both of us simultaneously taking sips of our coffees.

"Y/N, I have something to tell you," Jimin said, breaking the silence. I placed my coffee cup on the table and turned my attention towards him.

"Umm, I'm resigning that company." Jimin said making me to look at him in disbelief. 

"I hope this isn't going to be one of those 'besties always stick together' talks," I remarked, raising an eyebrow.

Jimin sat there, his lips pressed together in a thin line as he looked at my face. I furrowed my brow in confusion, but in the next moment, he burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing, brat?" I demanded, and he shook his head, still chuckling.

"Oh, my dear dummy, while it's true that besties stick together, that's not the reason I said that." he explained, and I pouted in response.

"So, you wouldn't stick with me. I thought you loved me. Well, that's it... Friendship over," I declared dramatically.

"Enough with the drama, dummy. I have something important to tell you," he said, lightly flicking his finger against my forehead. I shot him a glare and rubbed the spot where he touched me.

Of course, the fact that I had been fired an hour ago and was crying in Jimin's arms was long forgotten. That's just how it is with best friends; we forget our biggest problems when we're together.

"Okay Tell me, but first explain me why you are resigning?" I demanded.

"Okay, listen. I had already planned to leave that job anyway. There was too much politics going on in that company. I wanted to try for the company I'm getting into now, but I didn't ask you because I know you wouldn't want to work there," Jimin explained as I listened, sipping my coffee.

"Well, I actually got the job there now, and I wanted to tell you about it, but, um, these things happened," Jimin said, and I shrugged it off, pretending not to be too bothered about getting fired.

"I need to find a new job now, and I don't know how," I said, my mood deepening as I remembered what had happened earlier.

"Y/N, there's another opening in the same company, but... um, it's for a cleaning lady for the CEO's office," Jimin trailed off, and I let out a sigh.

"If you're concerned that I can't accept the job because of reputation or because it doesn't require a degree, then, Jimin, listen. I don't even have my degree certificates anymore. That might be the only job I could possibly get." I said with a sad smile.

"Y/N, It's not about that.. It's a different thing you wouldn't want to work in that company." Jimin said making me to raise my eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"It's the Kim Luna Corporation. You'll have to work as the cleaning lady for the CEO of Kim Luna Corporation," Jimin emphasized, pressing his index finger on the table.

My eyes widened at the mention of the company. No, no, did fate seriously not like me? Wasn't there anybody who hears my prayers? Just why should I see him again?

The CEO of 'Kim Luna Corporations is Kim Seokjin—a name I despise and a person I prayed never to encounter again. Despite his outwardly stunning appearance, his inner demeanour is nothing short of despicable. He embodies utter disregard for others, caring only for his own interests. He had once brought ruin upon my life, and the thought of facing him once more fills me with dread.