(4) Mr Conceit is Kim Seokjin.

Y/N POV:

Y/N POV:

" I'm going to join his company, Jimin" I said between bites of my toasted bread I was eating for dinner.

"Wait, are you serious, dummy?" Jimin asked in a dramatic, shocked voice.

"Of course I am, couch potato," I replied, rolling my eyes, my voice slightly unclear due to the toasted bread in my mouth.

"Who are you calling a couch potato, dummy? You're the couch potato here, too lazy to even lift a glass of water without physically passing out? Wait, that makes you an old lady then," Jimin retorted.

Jimin calling me an "old lady" elicited a sigh from me. It's the offer from a little old lady that's dragging me into Mr. Conceit's company.

"Hello, you alive?" Jimin's voice came through the phone, breaking my thoughts.

"Yeah, what did you say?" I asked.

"Well, I just asked if you checked the weather forecast today?" Jimin clarified.

"Umm no why?" I asked him.

"Because you accepted to work for Kim Seokjin, the one you hate. It's a miracle?" Jimin teased.

"Shut up, you moron," I retorted.

"Y/N, please, keep doing unexpected things like this. It might rain; summer's way too hot, you see," Jimin continued, his teasing tone evident.

"Can you stop poking fun at me?" I replied, half-annoyed, half-amused.

"Nahh, the moment you took that cookie from me when we were five, you already signed up for a lifetime of me teasing you. It's a no-return policy," Jimin said with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah.. Yeah. Anyways, I have to go. I've already sent in the application form to the company. So, I think it'll take about a week for me to join. Till then, I have to figure out how I'm going to pay Jia's fees," I said, a tinge of concern in my voice.

"Y/N, I can pay—"

"No, Jimin. You've done a lot for me already. It's okay, I can handle this," I interrupted firmly.

"I don't like this," Jimin said in monotone, his concern evident.

"But you like me," I said to him, teasingly.

"Yes, didn't know the consequences... Now, I have to go since it's a workday for me tomorrow," Jimin said, sounding a bit resigned.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it. Bye," I said, feeling a bit sad to end the conversation.

"Bye, dummy. Don't stress too much," he said before ending the call.

I placed my phone on the rusty metal table beside the couch, taking my plate to the sink. Once I was done, I went to the bedroom to check on Mom and Jia. They were already fast asleep, with Jia curled up towards Mom while she held her close. It was a heart-warming sight, but also a reminder of the responsibility I carried for their well-being.