Chapter 2: Unexpected Plans

As Yumi savored the tranquility of the rainy evening, the soft patter of raindrops against the window creating a soothing melody, her phone pierced through the quiet with its insistent ringtone. Glancing at the screen, she saw the name of her best friend, Hikari Nakamura, illuminated in bright letters. Despite the peaceful ambiance, her heart quickened with anticipation.

Hikari always had a knack for turning even the most mundane moments into unforgettable adventures. With a soft smile playing on her lips, she swiped to answer the call, eager to hear what exciting news or amusing anecdotes her friend had to share. 

Their conversations were always filled with laughter, deep discussions, and the kind of companionship that felt like a warm embrace on a chilly evening. As she pressed the phone to her ear, she couldn't help but wonder what delightful surprises awaited her on the other end of the line.

"Hello, Hikari. What brings you here all of a sudden?" Yumi greeted, her voice warm with familiarity.

"Don't you remember our university's festival coming up the day after tomorrow, Yumi?" Hikari's voice bubbled with excitement on the other end of the line.

A playful smirk tugged at Yumi's lips. "Of course, I remember. You're not letting me forget, are you?"

"Not!" Hikari exclaimed. "This festival is a big deal, you know. We have to make sure we're ready to dazzle everyone with our charm and style!"

Yumi chuckled softly. "Well, I suppose I can't argue with that. So, what's the plan?"

"We're going shopping after university tomorrow," Hikari declared with enthusiasm. "We need to get everything we need for our fabulous festival outfits!"

Yumi nodded in agreement, even though Hikari couldn't see her. "All right, Hikari. I'll meet you at university tomorrow then. It sounds like it's going to be a fun day."

"You bet it will be!" Hikari chirped. "Get ready for some serious fashion hunting, Yumi. We're going to turn heads!"

With a laugh, Yumi bid her friend farewell, feeling a surge of excitement for the adventures that awaited them. The rain continued to fall outside, but within the confines of their friendship, Yumi found herself basking in the warmth of anticipation and camaraderie.