Chapter 12: Reunion in Tokyo

Yumi's phone rang, breaking the quiet of her evening. She glanced at the screen and saw Akimitsu's name flashing in bold letters. With a mix of excitement and anticipation, she hastily picked up the call.

"Hello?" Yumi greeted, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"Hey, Yumi," Akimitsu's voice came through the line, filled with warmth and excitement. "I have some news."

Yumi's heart skipped a beat. "What is it? Is everything okay?"

Akimitsu chuckled softly. "Everything's more than okay. I have a surprise for you."

Yumi's eyes widened with intrigue. "A surprise? What is it?"

"I'm coming to Tokyo next month," Akimitsu announced, his voice brimming with enthusiasm.

Yumi's breath caught in her throat, her heart soaring with joy. "You're coming here? Really?"

"Really," Akimitsu confirmed, his tone filled with certainty. "I've managed to clear my schedule, and I can't wait to see you."

Tears welled up in Yumi's eyes, overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of emotion coursing through her veins. "I can't believe it," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Yumi," Akimitsu replied, his voice soft and tender. "But soon we'll be together again, and nothing else will matter."

Yumi nodded, a smile spreading across her face like the first light of dawn. "I can't wait to see you," she said, her voice filled with love and longing.

"Me too," Akimitsu echoed, his words carrying the weight of a promise fulfilled. "Until then, take care, okay?"

"I will," Yumi promised, her heart overflowing with gratitude and anticipation. "I love you, Akimitsu."

"I love you too, Yumi," Akimitsu whispered, his words wrapping around her like a warm embrace. "Always and forever."