33 : "Dear universe, feel free to amaze me."

CHAPTER 33

VIVIANA QUINN

After marriage, today is my first day at the office. I went to my cabin and took a deep breath.

Damn there is so much work to do.

Okay I used to work at a private company in their IT department as the head but then Dad asked me to join his company so I did.

As I sat on the chair, switching my laptop on Dad's secretary entered my cabin.

“Good Morning Viv.” She greeted me.

I smiled back at her. “Morning.”

“Mr. Knight wants to see you.”

“See me? Why?” I questioned.

She looked down.

“What is it?”

Then suddenly she smiled and answered “After marriage it's your first time at the office. And it's been a week since he met you so I guess he's missing you.”

I eyed her suspiciously.

“Are you sure?”

“Yep. He asked me to call you.”

“Alright.” I got up from my seat and made my way towards Dad's office.

I entered by knocking on the door. Dad was walking from left to right in the room.

What's the matter?

And he looks stressed. Did something happen?

“Dad?” I called.

He looks at me and tries his level best to smile.

“What happened?” I asked, making my way towards him.

He shrugs “Nothing. Just wanted to see you.”

My brows furrowed.

There is definitely something going on.

“Dad?” I spoke again, this time asking him to stop lying.

“It's nothing Viv. We are just not used to living in that house without you.”

I smiled and hugged him “Want me to divorce him?”

He chuckled “That would've been great.”

“I too think the same.”

“I'm sorry Viv. I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry that I failed you.”

I held him tighter “I am alright, Dad. He couldn't break me even the slightest.”

“You are so strong, baby. I am proud of you.”

My eyes teared up. I couldn't tell him what I was feeling. I couldn't tell him that I wanna come home.

I couldn't.

He cups my face in his hands “Do not hesitate if you want anything from me. I am even ready to go to the prison to save you.”

I kissed his hands “You don't have to. I promise.”

He wiped my tears.

I tried to laugh while wiping my tears “Damn Dad, you're making me emotional.”

He laughed “C'mon, I have something for you.”

“What?”

He walked me to his table and made me sit on the sofa then opened a small food box. It was white sauce pasta.