2.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

The alarm on her phone screams.
It's been ringing from the past one and a half hour.

Even an earthquake couldn't wake up her.

If the alarm could speak, it would scream at her and would be so frustrated.

Advita jolted awake to the sound of her alarm blaring for the seventh time.
She groaned, rubbing her eyes and squinting at the clock.
It was almost 10:00 AM, and she was late for work again.

"Ugh, why do I always do this to myself?" she muttered, throwing off her blanket and stumbling out of bed.

"Someday this will get you thrown out of the office Advita" she mutters to herself while brushing her teeth as fast as she could.

In her rush, she nearly tripped over her own feet, a typical occurrence for the perpetually clumsy Advita.

She hastily threw on some clothes and glanced at the clock again.

"Again toast it is!" she sighed, grabbing a slice of bread and slathering it with butter.

As she gulped down her breakfast, she cursed under her breath, "You'll die today,Advita"

Frantically, she searched for her phone, only to find it buried under a pile of clothes on the couch.
"God,I'll get fired anyday now"

With trembling fingers, she booked a cab to Ellora Entertainment, her workplace.

But luck seemed to be against her as one after another, each cab canceled on her.

"Seriously? What did I do to deserve this? Everything has get bad, when you'regoing throughthe worst" she grumbled, feeling the weight of her lateness pressing down on her.

"I don't have any other option left,he will tease me again"

With a defeated sigh, she dialed her best friend's number. He answered after a few rings, his voice filled with amusement.

"Hey, late again, ms.Rai?" he teased, knowing full well her perpetual struggle with punctuality.

Advita rolled her eyes, her irritation evident even through the phone. "Yes, yes, laugh it up. Can you please pick me up? I'm having a cab crisis."

"If i would have been your boss, I would have fired you" he spilled.

"Do you wanna get murdered? I would love to murder you, but now I'm getting late and if I don't reach on time, I'll get scolded. So, pick me up quick Mr Boss" her voice was totally annoyed.

Vidyut chuckled on the other end. "Sure thing, but you owe me big time for this one."

Advita let out a relieved sigh as she waited for Vidyut to arrive.

Moments later, his sleek car pulled up outside her apartment building. She hopped in, offering him a grateful smile.

"Come on,drive off!! I'm freaking late"she says buckling her seatbelt.

"You're the only person who has made me your personal driver! I'm a businessman"

"Me driver, I will beat your ass if you say one more word now" she gave a forced smile showing her frustration.

"Ok,madam!" He snorted as he pressed the accelerator.

As they drove through the bustling streets of Jaipur, Vidyut couldn't resist teasing her further.

"You know, Advita, if you keep this up, you'll never make it to the top like me," he joked, referring to his position as owner of CUBE Pvt Ltd.

Advita shot him a playful glare.
"Oh, please. You may be the boss, but I've got charm and charisma on my side."

Vidyut laughed, shaking his head. "That may be true, but punctuality wouldn't hurt either."

"If you won't stop na, I'll punch you right now!" She gave him a death glare.

"I'm just...." his voice was muffled.

Advita put her hands over his mouth to stop his speech.

As they reached Ellora Entertainment,

"Driver, gaadi leke shaam ko aa Jana"
(Driver, come back with the car in the evening")
she said with a bossy tone as she rushed into her office, before she could get fired.

She punches in her card on the scanner as the machine beeped allowing her to enter.

"Thank God,I'm almost on time just 12 minutes late"
She laughed but she was unaware about the fact that his boss was standing just behind her.

"Miss Advita, I want you in my cabin right now"

She realised the voice and cursed under her breathe.
"Musibat ki tarah mere sar pe khada rehta hai ye"
(He stays on my head like problems)

She turned around with a regretful expression.

"Yes sir, I'll be there"

She knew she was done for the day.

"Bhagwan mere sath hi aisa kyu hota hai?!" She cried.

Hellooo
Hope you guys are enjoying the characters.

Do comment your reviews.
Next chapter after 10 votes!