CHAPTER 1

" .......... and now after two years of working together as a team, musician sumedh jain and singer anjali rathi are finally engaged. this beautiful couple had hosted a private ceremony in goa with their closed friends and family and ........... "

The news and couple's photos were flashing on the T.V screen with reporter's voice in the background, but kuveera just stare at it blankly with millions thought going through her head while at the same time her mind was empty also. she switched the T.V off and went to stand in front of the mirror, looking at herself who is draped in a net soft beige colored saree, long hair braided neatly, kumkum on her forehead, nuptial chain lying on her neck, hands filled with bangles and wedding ring on her ring finger, everyone said she looked beautiful, she also agree but she know that this person in the mirror is not her, her eyes are tired, her face is pale and she didn't have any ounce of happiness remain on her face, her smile is no where to be found.

'the saying is true that we become exactly like the person with whom we live'  she sighed and once again look at the time. she knew that now her husband will not come home, she sighed once again and took out her dairy from her closet and made her way towards balcony, setting herself on a swing chair and looking at full moon in the sky, she started humming some tune and would write and erase some words from time to time. 

As time went by she heard some noise and look back to see her husband making his way in the room. he was a mess with long hair till his neck disheveled, unkept beard, dark circle under his red eyes and his lips pursued together. his step paused and frown deepen as he also notice his wife from where he stood. both stare at one another and before kuveera open her mouth to speak, dhruv turn around into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

Kuveera stare for a while and she also turn around but she had already lost her rhythm and just sat there clicking her tiptop pen. she always need some sound ringing in her ear for her mind to be at peace. after some moment she again started humming some tune.

The door of bathroom open and dhruv came out looking fresh and much better, he made his way towards bed and lay down covering himself with quilt. he glance her way for a minute and turn to the other side. meanwhile kuveera ignored his presence as some deep thoughts were going through her head, she knew that after one and half month later it will be her one year wedding anniversary and just as it was nearing, her desire to leave this house and the people living here was getting stronger and stronger, just one thing was holding her back.

She once again look at her wedding ring, her eyes deeply focused on it, then nonchalantly got up and first made her way towards bathroom, changed into comfortable pajama, turning off all lights and proceed to her side of bed, like this yet another night pass with both having their backs at each other like always.

_

Morning in the Mishra family was never calm, today was yet another day when loud sound of bells used for aarti could be heard in every corner of the house. this sound comes from puja room where, Malini Mishra, dhruv's grandmother was doing her morning prayer, which can also be the wake up alarm for whole family.

In one of the room, under cozy quilt, a couple were in their sweet sleep, the man had his arm around the women's waist, other under her neck as she uses it as her pillow, she buried her head in his chest, legs entangled, they just look like a couple deeply in love but ......

Dhruv stirred in his sleep as he heard the sound of bells, as he open his eyes he saw his wife curled up to him just like always. he still couldn't point out how everytime they end up in such an intimate position as they both sleep with their back at each other but still end up like this every single time. he sighed and carefully detached himself from her, not before giving her a last glance he moved inside bathroom.

When he got out after sometime, kuveera still hadn't waken up, he look up and saw the time then he took out his phone and called someone and started talking after the person picked up the call, this made kuveera, who was in her deep slumber irritate, she frown and grumble out something, eventually waking up, first thing she saw was her husband with his back facing her, holding his phone, talking to someone, then she looked at clock and gasp out loudly, she know she was late, she quickly got up and went to bathroom to get ready.

_

" don't you know what time it is !, how can you be so lazy, because of you tardiness anika had to do everything and then she had a job also, not like you " Sheetal Mishra, kuveera's mother-in-law taunted her as soon as she saw her eldest daughter-in-law descending the staircase with her son following behind.

On the dinning table, Pravin Mishra and Dhaval Mishra, Kuveera's father-in-law and younger brother-in-law were already eating their breakfast, her mother-in-law was just sitting infront of them as she was having her fast and would not eat anything for whole day, kuveera could also see Anika, Dhaval's wife in the kitchen. every family member were present except her grandmother-in-law who must be still in pooja room.

" sorry maa " kuveera apologize and hurriedly went to the kitchen, she went towards anika, her sister-in-law who was making tea for everyone while eating her breakfast alternatively, it made her feel guilty as she know that anika also had to go for work.

" i am sorry anika, you go out, i will serve tea to everyone " kuveera said which made anika turn around to look at her and gave her a forced smile, nodded her head and went out. kuveera then realised that anika had made breakfast but she hadn't even made basic preparation for their lunch boxes, offcourse why would she make it as it is not her duty. kuveera sighed and started preparing lunch boxes for everyone.

" dhruv beta, you look so tired, why don't you take a break for a while, its not good for your health to just work and work" kuveera heard her mother-in-law as she was coming with a tray to serve tea to everyone. she then look at her husband, who was totally ignoring his mother or she could say that he was ignoring everyone but it didn't affect sheetal as she kept ranting.

" badi bahu, today i want you to clean the storeroom, it has been all messed up since it was last organized before your wedding, as you are quite free all the time, you should do some help in the house" sheetal turned her attention towards her and said or more like spat those words out as soon as she came out. no one said anything as if those words were never spoken. kuveera look at dhruv who was typing on his phone, she sighed knowingly and agreed to what her mother-in-law said but,

In her mind she finally made the decision, the decision which will not only change her life but his as well.

__