Flower Marriage

Observation 1: Hair

Scott didn't care that Jimmy wanted to grow his hair out. Why would he? Though, he was a bit bothered that Jimmy felt the need to defend himself about it.

Scott also didn't care that Jimmy was shaving more often, but he'd be lying if he said it wasn't a bit odd. Jimmy usually just shaves every so often when he's getting a bit too hairy, so the fact he suddenly starts shaving very often is bound to raise his brow.

But, it was fine. Jimmy likely just decided that he prefers not to have a lot of body or facial hair.

Observation 2: Clothes

When the 2 had gone out grocery shopping, the other day, Scott had noticed that Jimmy seemed to have been eyeing the women's clothing section. Scott chalked it up to him, wanting to get Lizzie something for her birthday.

It wasn't until Scott found a pretty skirt that was definitely too small for Lizzie (easy to tell when she's 6 feet tall) that he got a little suspicious.

Some part of his mind told him that Jimmy was cheating, that it was for a girl that Jimmy liked. He pushed the thought away. Jimmy wouldn't do that, and even if he would, Scott couldn't just jump to conclusions like that.

Scott would just have to keep an eye out for anything else.

Observation 3: Jewelry

Jimmy didn't seem to be the type of person to like jewelry, but apparently, Jimmy owns a ton.

Scott doesn't see him wear it often - only when he comes home early - but it's always very pretty. Usually, Jimmy has a necklace and earrings on, and Scott recognizes most of them as belonging to Lizzie.

At some point, he asks Lizzie about it, and she says that Jimmy's always like jewelry, but was to shy to go and buy some himself, so he always just asked Lizzie if he could borrow them.

He makes a mental note to buy Jimmy some earrings for their anniversary.

Observation 4: Mirrors

Jimmy has been taking a lot more time to get ready as of late, which might be the oddest thing yet. For as long as Scott had known Jimmy, he'd put just enough effort into his appearance to not look like he just rolled out of bed.

It's a few days after Scott noticed this phenomenon that he found Jimmy crying in front of the mirror.

Scott rushed to comfort the man, but he tensed the moment he felt Scott put his arms around him, so Scott backed up and tried his best to calm him down.

Jimmy refused to tell him what happened, but it was obvious Jimmy wasn't feeling good about his looks.

Scott tells Jimmy that he's beautiful even more than usual, and it seems to make him feel better. It never lasts, though

Observation 5: Names

This was technically the first observation, but Scott had been sure that he was imagining it until now.

"It" being that Jimmy really didn't like his name.

Jimmy was eating cerrial when Scott came down the stairs that morning.

He looked up from his bowl and waved briefly before getting back to his bowl. Scott stopped for a second to notice how long Jimmys' hair was.

"Morning Jimmy," Scott says brightly.

Jimmy fully stops eating for half a second, almost startled at the sound of his own name.

Jimmy moves on as if nothing had happened, but Scott would need to be blind or looking the other direction in order to miss that reaction.

"Alright, that's it." Jimmy looks up at Scott, confused.

"What?"

Scott stares incredulously for a moment. "Somethings bothering you, so spit it out."

He looks way and says that he's fine.

Scott grabs Jimmys' face, forcing him to look into his eyes. "Please, Jimmy. I just want to help you." A tear slides down Jimmys' face, and Scott watches in surprise as something inside Jimmy breaks, and he curls in on himself, holding his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry." Jimmy choaks out through a sob.

Scott pulls Jimmy into a hug. "For what?"

Jimmy doesn't answer, " I promise nothing will ever change how I feel about you because you're my husband, and I love you."

Jimmy shakes his head, "That's the problem. I'm not your husband." Scott pulls back from the hug a bit in surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I'm not a boy." Jimmy looked down, "I'm sorry I can't be your husband." Jimmy cries even harder than before.

Scott lifts their chin and tilts his head.  "Do you want to be my wife?"

Jimmy looks at him funnily. "Of course I do, b-but... you don't like girls.." Jimmy's trying to look anywhere except Scott, right now.

"I like you." He smiles warmly, and Jimmys' eyes widen. "You'd still have me even if I'm a girl?" Jimmy asks like Scott just told them that he saw a flying elephant.

He kisses them on their forehead. "Of course."

Jimmy kisses Scott like it's their wedding night again. When they pull back, they're both smiling.

"So what should I call you from now on? I assume She/Her?"

"Yes, She/Her and, if you could call me Jill when it's just the 2 of us. I don't think I want anyone else to know yet."

Scott simply nods. He never thought that he'd have a wife, even before he realized he was gay. But, despite his sexuality the woman in front of him is the person he fell hopelessly in love with, so he couldn't care less if she was a girl.

——————————————————

🪼🌸🫧🌸🪼
🦋💮🕊Fin.🕊💮🦋
🪼🌸🫧🌸🪼