𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 (𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲!)

Since the main story is literally taking forever here's this 😂

This story has no relation to 'Wait for you' it's just a super, super short story! (Inspired by 'You belong with me' just the school theme!)

[Training Season]

"So, what do you do?" My voice comes out more strained than I would have wanted and I regret speaking as soon as she turns her head to look at me.

My eyes widen in realization that she heard me and I just hope she doesn't lash out at me for bothering her. She doesn't even know me that well and I ask a question with no context?! Fantastic, absolutely brilliant Jennie! If she didn't hate you before she definitely does now. How foolish can I really be?

"Sorry? Are you talking to me?" Her response is real, not just something I made up in my head. She's talking to me. Her voice is way softer than I imagined and she doesn't seem mad at me like I thought she'd be.

"Y-yes. I was just, you know, wondering like what sport you do?" This is not a drill! I repeat, not a drill! I really am talking to the Kim Jisoo. My cheeks turn bright red as I try to think of how I can talk to her without making a fool of myself.

"What makes you think I play a sport?" She looks at me and raises her brow with a grin on her face.

Oh crap! I didn't think she'd be so teasing? Does she even know my name? "You looked, intimidatingly strong." I clasp my hand over my mouth. Oh please tell me I did not just say that out loud.

"You think I'm strong? What, do you like stalk me?" The red sirens are going off in my head making me malfunction.

Well I mean I've sort of stalked her but I wouldn't classify it as stalking, just admiring from afar and going stupid lengths to do so. How do I answer that, I mean I do but not really?! Abort the mission, just run to the bathroom and never come out.

"I'm just teasing. You look cute when you're flustered." Oh how I hope the universe lets the power go out so she can't see how red my face is. Did she just call me cute?

"I'm on the track team, Jennie right?" I try to focus on the task at hand. Deep breaths, just talk to her, just have a conversation. She knows my name?! Calm down, calm down, calm down! Answer her!

"Yeah, that's me. Also known as the walking Mandu." Now is not the time to crack jokes! I mentally run myself into a wall. Idiot! Think, be cool, be... not awkward.

I hear her deep laugh and I tense. Is she laughing at me for my stupidity? I told you Jen, be cool! "I think I know you! You're the one that Lisa always shouts mandu at?"

I nod my head and subconsciously start smiling so big my gums are visible. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought. I can see her getting up from her locker and I immediately snap out of my thoughts. Ask her Jennie! And stop that stupid smile, you're scaring her!

"Wait! One last thing." I say in a way I don't even recognize. It comes out so... normal, no stuttering or pausing.

"Yes?" She turns on her heels towards me. Only now since she's not crouched down do I realize how much her height towers over me. I take a deep breath and look past her shoulder to avoid eye contact.

"I was just, wondering. You don't suppose you have a spare, track schedule, do you?" Is it hot in here or just me? I can feel my palms all clammy and my skin feels like it's burning me alive.

"I do! You want to join track?" Her question has a smile behind it, like she's excited I asked.

"Yeah, I was thinking 'bout it." I shift my weight from my heels to my toes as I stand there awkwardly.