CHAPTER TWO | NEW RECRUIT

The direction you choose to face determines whether you're standing at the end or the beginning of the road – Richelle E. Goodrich

ROZOVSKY HEIRS SERIES 11 | BEAUTIFUL TROUBLE

CHAPTER TWO | NEW RECRUIT

NOAH

I was looking at myself in front of the mirror. There was nothing new in me. It was still my face. It was the same kind of suit that I always use every time I had meetings with big time clients. But looking at me now, there was something. Sure, something changed in me.

I was a station chief before. My father was General Nicanor Feliciano. His name had a vast connection in the government and illegal organizations working locally and abroad. I am not going to lie. I grew up seeing my dad accepting bribe money. Taking high end cars, condos and other kickbacks just to reach with where he was now. As a kid, I thought that was the norm. I wanted to be like my father. And I did. I rose from the top until I became the station chief.

I was okay with that but I wanted more. Just like my father. I started to make deals with people connected to illegal works. Illegal works means more money. Illegal works means deeper connection. And I got it. Power, money and vast connection in and out of the country. Until I got involved with the Rozovskys.

Fucking family. I hated them especially Damien. I didn't win in any transaction that we had; he even got the girl that I wanted. Peyton. I liked her. She was pretty. I knew she was smart too but unfortunately someone got her first. I didn't know that she and Damien had a history before. Wala akong laban doon. They even got twins together. And just like a good gentleman, I knew how to accept my loss. I knew when to let go especially that I knew I won't never get Peyton for me. Her heart was beating for someone else and would never be for me.

Even if I was working with the monsters, the police in me still matters. I knew when to stop to help those fuckers who do illegal stuff. That was why when Andrea Conti tapped me to become her courier for smuggling children, I knew I needed to stop her. I pretended to be okay working with her but I was already contacting other agencies to get her. Using women and kids won't never be my thing.

Stas Rozovsky was the one who worked with Andrea's case. They even thought that I was working with her but he found out that I was not. I even helped his son to save Peyton and his kids. That paved the way of my redemption. Stas Rozovsky gave me another chance to live. But definitely away from the life of his beloved son.

So, I was here living alone in California. But living here alone has perks from the ultimate devil himself. Stas Rozovsky gave me a huge amount of money and made me his man to work with his businesses here. He made me the CEO of his empire in this foreign land. His loyal assistant Patek Aurelio bought several hotels and I was the one managing them. Of course, that was just the business he wanted people to see. Behind those tall and expensive buildings was the dark truth about gun smuggling, racketeering, and other illegal works. And of course, murders.

I couldn't forget how his men work to kill Andrea Conti. I saw how his men killed Natalia's father. I knew Stas Rozovsky was still looking for Natalia.

Those people who crossed him and his family met their demise in the most gruesome and painful ways. A good thing, he spared me. He said he knew how to pay a debt.

He spared my life because I saved Damien and his family.

Now, living in this foreign land alone, I was also working with Stas Rozovsky. Giving additional millions for the Rozovsky empire.