New Mentor

(Y/N) POV

"So, I'm all fixed?" I ask Porlyusica.

She scowls at me before shoving me out the door of her house.

"I'll take that as a yes," I mutter as I rub out the sleep from my eyes.

I look to Erza who has a concerned look on her face.

"I'm guessing she told you about what I had? I know she doesn't like people," I mutter as we begin walking back to the guild hall. My leg still throbbed in pain, and it was still discoloured. However, I was feeling much better.

"She did, and it's not good," Erza begins

"My max magic energy has been reduced...I can feel it," I mention.

"Yes. It seems whatever you had in your leg had greatly reduced how much magic energy you have," she told me.

"Yeah. I figured," I mutter. In the 2 years I had my injury, it was incredibly hard to regain my magic energy. I had begun to meditate to help absorb the surrounding energy.

"You seem to already know," Erza asks

"Yes. Over 2 years, my power has run out much quicker as time progressed," I say.

"If you knew then," she began to say. I placed my fingers over her lips.

"Seven is a beautiful country, you said it yourself...and its citizens are wonderful. I knew that I held off iceberg...they would forever cherish Fairy Tail," I explain as I remove my hand from her mouth.

Erza looked defeated. She wanted to say something, but couldn't find her words.

"Very well, let's get you some more rest," Erza tells me as we begin walking

"Do you know if that place I was renting is still there?" I ask her as she chuckles

"Natsu destroyed it," she says simply

"Damn pyro," I mutter as my eyes feel heavy.

"Porlyusica couldn't have let me sleep there for a night at least?" I complain as Erza laughs

"You'd need to ask Master Makarov to sleep at her place," Erza smirks.

"Ehhh, too much work," I huff.

"Don't worry. I'm sure the girls will understand if you spend the night at Fairy Hills," Erza tells me

"Yeah, yeah, I just want to sleep," I mutter without really understanding what Erza has said.

Fairy Hills was a girl's dormitory for the members of Fairy Tail.

I don't remember much from the walk home. Only when my face hit a pillow that I remember feeling like I was truly back. However, like many of my nights of sleep in Iceberg and Seven. It was not peaceful

Erza POV

(Y/N) instantly falls asleep when he reaches my bed.

He must be so tired. I wrestle the blanket from under him and then tuck him in.

"Sweet dreams," I whisper as I lay down on the floor. I had confirmed with all the girls that it was ok for him to spend the night in our dorms. Most didn't have an issue, Wendy was concerned since he had been injured and convinced me to stay by his side if anything came up.

"Is he really as strong as you?" Wendy asks me. The blue-haired girl had a curious look on her.

"Yes. I can say that with confidence. At least, he was 4 years ago. I've gotten stronger since then. And he...well I'm sure you can feel it," I begin

"Yes. The magic power within him is faint. But it seems so strong?" Wendy notices

"Yes. It seems like the injury he had reduced his maximum magical energy. However, I have no doubt he can still cast his magic," I say with confidence.

"I hear he is like Laxus. He is a lightning magic user?" Wendy asks.

"I wouldn't say that, perhaps they share the same affinity. But the way they use their magic is very different," I begin explaining how (Y/N) uses magic to her.

"His magic can create things like mini electric bombs, they are extremely effective at neutralizing enemies. He can also warp into energy much like Laxus. I suspect he can use his magic much like Gray does with his ice maker magic. He can be extremely creative with it. However, I have not seen him use it in quite some time...and for obvious reasons, I don't think we will see any advancements for a while," I explain to her.

I groan erupts from (Y/N) as we speak.

"No. Stay back!" He whispers as Wendy and I look at him confused.

"Please. Do not come near," he speaks as silence once again follows

"He must be having a bad dream," Wendy says.

"Yes," I confirm as he seems to look agitated.

"Let's leave him to sleep," I tell her as we leave my room

(Y/N) POV

I woke up in a huge room. My leg was feeling much better now that I had seen medical attention. But, I could feel my magical power wasn't recovered at all. I had hoped that a miracle would happen and I would be able to return to my former power level...but that seemed like it was a pipe dream.

"You've awoken," Erza says coming into the room. I looked around and recognized the room to be in Fairy Hills.

"Thanks for letting me crash here," I say as I get up. The darkness in my leg had completely disappeared.

"It was the least I could do. Master Makarov would like to see you once you're up to the task," Erza says

"Yeah. The treatment to my leg took longer than I expected," I respond.

"Either way, please take your time. You're still recovering,"

"There's no rest for the wicked," I mention as I rise from the bed.

"Speaking of which. Due to my reduced magical capacity. I need to learn how to defend myself without magic," I begin as Erza raises a brow.

"I was hoping you'd be able to teach me the basics of the sword. It would be an excellent way to conserve my magic for moments when I need it," I ask her. Erza erupts into a belly laugh.

"Oh, (Y/N). You dont take breaks, do you? You're always pushing to cover any weakness. Always looking for ways to better fairy Tail...anyway, I would be glad to teach you how to use a sword," Erza declares proudly.

"Wonderful. I'll need every day I can get. Are you free later today? I'll speak with Master and then may we train?" I ask her. Erza nods.

"Yes, that sounds fine. However, you should hear what the master has to say before making any decisions on how to spend the rest of the day," Erza warns me.

"Of course," I confirm.

"I'll meet with him right away,"