7 Years

(Y/N) POV

My eyes flutter open as I feel my body rock back and forth. Remembering what had just happened, my body launches forward as my eyes speed to look around me. I was on a ship.

"You're awake," Erza says I look toward the direction of her voice. The redhead looked tired. Her eyes had a comfortable look in them.

"What happened?" I ask as I attempt to stand. But my legs refused to listen to me. Attacking Acnologia had taken every last drop of magical energy in my body. I was completely exhausted.

"Honestly. I don't know," Erza says as everyone surrounds me. I noticed a few people weren't on Tenrou Island.

"What?" I ask as the members of Fairy Tail who had been on the island look at me in shock.

"That attack," Natsu begins

"Weakened Acnologia greatly," Gray finishes as I shrug

"Did he end up going down?" I ask. Perhaps I misremembered what happened.

"No...but the entire guild couldn't even stretch him...but you with just one attack," Makarov says

"It doesn't matter, an attack that doesn't finish the battle is a worthless effort," I explain as I look around again.

"Now can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" I ask

"All the members of Fairy Tail on Tenrou island disappeared 7 years ago," a man named Droy finally tells me.

"But how?" I ask as I try to stand on unsteady legs...damn magic power...

Erza helps me stand by wrapping my arm around her shoulder

"I guess it was Fairy Sphere," Erza tells me as she assists me toward a railing.

"It was explained that once everyone saw what you did to protect us all...it activated one of the three great Fairy Tail spells," Makarov says as I look at him.

"I failed to protect you all. Acnologia got through my shield and I wasn't able to defeat him, I wasn't," I wasn't good enough I finished the sentence in my head.

"(Y/N) not even I could defeat that monster...if you were at full power," Gildarts begins as I hush him

"But I'm not," I finish as I use the railing to walk away from everyone. I failed.

Erza kept up with me as I tried to get away.

"Erza, I need some time alone," I tell her. Her eye looks at me judging what to do.

"I need time to meditate," I tell her as realization hits her.

"I see...mind I join you?" She asks me.

"No. I want to be alone," I tell her as I continue.

Erza POV

I watch the (H/C) haired man sit near the bow of the ship. Everyone looked at him with sorrow.

"Hey, gramps...how much magic power did he lose?" Natsu asks. It was a question everything was thinking. Especially after his display of power against Acnologia.

"He lost 90% of his magical capacity," Makarov says as everyone's head turns to the master

"That much! I woulda thought maybe 50!" Gray says concerned

"Probably even more when you consider potential. That 90% figure is based on how he was when he left Fairy Tail for the war. If he follows trends like the rest of you children. His magic power should have grown by almost double,"

Everyone looked at (Y/N) with pity now.

"That shield...and that attack...with only 10% of his magic capacity," Lucy adds as Makarov smiles

"He has become very efficient with his spells. It's unlikely that the sheer power of those spells would have changed...however, he would be able to cast multiple of those explosions he used against Acnologia. It's very possible he could have been the strongest wizard in Fiore...beating even the wizard saints would have been easy for him," Makarov explains.

"In a one-on-one battle, he would likely win against every one of us even now," I tell them all. That spell used against Acnology was extremely powerful. If he used it against all of us, we wouldn't stand a chance.

"WOW," Lucy says shocked.

"Even you?" Levy asks as I nod

"Yes...I wouldn't stand a chance against that spell...and also his shield spell isn't something to scoff at either. his shield took 8 full blasts from Acnologia...we would have died from even 1," I say.

"Another competitor for the affection of my darling Gray!" Juvia looks at (Y/N) and then back to Gray.

"I don't think (Y/N) swings that way," Gray blushes as Juvia once again looks at (Y/N) with fiery in her eyes.

Everyone goes in their groups as we await for the ship to arrive back in port.

I watch (Y/N) as he peacefully sits at the bow of the ship. I could faintly sense him collecting magical energy from our surroundings.

"Erza," Makarov says approaching me

"Yes, Master?" I ask him as he joins me in watching (Y/N)

"I learned something interesting from Droy and Jet... apparently when we disappeared. The Kingdom of Seven spent the longest time of anyone searching for us, they even bailed the guild out when it was buried in a bunch of debt while we were gone," he tells me

"Ok?" I ask a little confused

"I think it's easy to forget that he is a hero of another country. An entire nation's existence is due to him. Without his power, Iceberg would have taken Seven without much difficulty," Makarov explains.

"Oh? I didn't realize he was so instrumental to Seven's victory," I tell him

"Yes. He has high expectations of himself...I can tell he blames himself for not being able to fend off Acnologia. I think he would do well if he took a trip through Seven. Show him what he has done. Hopefully, it will raise his spirit," Makarov finishes

"And why are you telling me this?" I ask

"I want you to go with him. Make sure that he is alright," Makarov explains as I look back to (Y/N).

"Ok, of course I can do that," I declare as Makarov smiles

"Good. I have yet to see the familiar glint he had in his eyes when he was younger," Master explains.

"Yes. Even I can see that he is rather gloomy," I say as Master walks off.

I guess I'll be going on a road trip when we get back.