06

Dev's sagai went by in the blink of an eye

Dev's sagai went by in the blink of an eye. Our dear leads barely saw each other the whole function because Tara was constantly running around the place.

She is the groom's sister after all. She's got a lot of work to do and many responsibilities to handle.

Shivansh was with his family most of the time and would try to find her in the crowd but he only got a few glimpses of her working.

His family obviously noticed and bit back their smiles.

.
.

It was now the mehendi ceremony.

Tara and Abhir have been up since 6 in the morning to make sure everything is going smoothly.

It was now 12 and the ceremony began an hour ago.

"Tara bache, tune mehendi nahi lagwayi?" Bua ji asked. She's Papa's first cousin and the only sister in close relations.

Everyone shames bua's and call them names like bitch, witch and what not. But this bua is actually really nice.

(It is fictional after all.)

Maybe because her husband has 5 sisters and she usually gets insulted by all of them. That's why she knows how it feels and does not act the same way. Or maybe it's just how she is.

Anyways, she's sweet. That's all that matters.

"Nahi Bua ji. Woh, there's a lot of work to do. I'll get it done after everyone's finished." Tara replied.

"Aise nahi hota. You're the only sister of the groom. You need to get your mehendi done as soon as possible. Chalo. Hum hai na kaam karne ke liye. Aur sirf thodi der ki toh baat hai. Phir, once the Mehendi dries, you can start working again." Bua ji said.

"Exactly. Sahi keh rahi hai jiji. Tara, bache, tu mehendi lagwa. Tere bhai kabh kaam ayenge? Dekh. Bandaro ke jaise ghum rahe hai. Unne laga duty par." Papa said.

"Tara beta aaja! This brother sister dua convinced even me to get my mehendi done. They won't leave you until you listen. Aaja!" Mumma said, while the artist made beautiful designs on her hands.

Tara reluctantly nodded and joined her mother. She sat and the artist's started their work.

 She sat and the artist's started their work