Chapter 9

Zoo had gone to crash at his best friend Monty's house. Monty lived with his older brother, so they didn't mind him living there for awhile. To feel better, Zoo and Monty decided to rob a rich home that they had gone by a few times. They waited till it got dark, grabbed their ski mask along with their guns. They drove several minutes, making sure that all the lights in the home were off. Zoo parked a few houses down, then both ran into the home, ransacked the places. Surprisingly, no one was there so the robbery was easier than planned. Since no one was there, they decided to remove their masks to see daily see easily. But what the boys didn't know was the house had hidden cameras, and it had recorded the entire thing. Midway through the robbery they heard voices coming from the front porch, so the boys quickly ran out the backdoor, hopping over the fence, then running to the car.

The boys didn't steal much, but a few pieces of jewelry, expensive jordans along with a couple hundreds of dollars.

The next day, Layla woke up a little late so she had to rush to get to school. Unfortunately since she didn't have a phone she couldn't call anyone to give her a ride or anything. She quickly got dressed in her cool grey 9s, a gray shirt and light blue jeans. She grabbed her green bomber jacket along with her backpack and headed it out the door. It was getting cold out in Jersey now since it was September.

When she got to school, the first bell had rang. She really didn't want tobbe in school, on her way to class she saw Zoo opening his locker. As soon as she was going to walk over the bell rang, and the halls were filled with students once again.

During lunch, Layla didn't even bother going in the lunch room. In fact, she sat out on the hallway just reading a book, and drinking her drink from starbucks. She really didn't want to deal with anything.

The day had finally come to an end and Layla was ready to go home.

"Hey Layla," Zoo said approaching his locker with a paper in hand.

"What's up witchu?" She tiredly smiled.

"Look," He handed her the paper cheesing hard as hell.

She looked at the paper showing most of his grades had gone up. She smiled, not only pleased that she was a good ass tutor, but also cause his grades were looking good as hell.

"Good job," Layla smiled unexpectedly hugging him. She quickly let go, as both were surprised by the sudden emotional outburst.

"Thanks, but it's all cause of you," He said scratching the back of his head.

"Nah, it was all you i just helped a lil," She said shrugging and walking down the hallway towards the school entrance. They walked next each other for once, and Layla actually didn't feel awkward.

"Whatchu boutta do tonight?" Zoo asked once they got to Monty's car.

"I don't know yet,"

"We throwin a party, you should come thru," He wrote the address, along with his number on a piece of paper, handing it to her.

She looked at it for awhile then nodded, "I'll think about it."

She said bye then began making her way home. Monty, Dice, & Dre went over to Zoo who was watching Layla walkin away.

"Goddamn her ass fat as shit," Dre said wide eyed.

"That's all you think about," Zoo laughed shaking his head.

"Nigga you smashed like half the girl in this school," Dre retorted.

"Nah shit different now, my nigga Zoo sprung," Monty chuckled getting in the seat of his car.

"I ain't sprung nigga," Zoo frowned sitting in the front.

"Right, okay nigga" they said and busted out laughing.

"So before this party y'all trynna go rob that liquor store?" Dice said while beginning to roll a blunt.

"I'm down," Both Zoo & Monty said getting hyped.

Dre stayed quiet for a while, "Nah man I'll pass."

"Suit yourself," Dice laughed lighting his perfectly rolled blunt.

On her way home, decided to go to the phone company to get herself a cell phone, she figured that the 150 she could retrieve every month would help pay for it and that she could get some job to help her pay it off.

"How may I help you today?" An associate said helping her.

Layla ended up getting a black iphone 5. She placed a down payment of $300 that she had saved up, and now She'd be paying $75 a month. Layla walked around the mall, asking for job applications, then she decided to go home.

A few hours had gone by and the boys were ready to rob the store. Considering the fact that the owner was old and it was kind of dark, it would be easy. In fact, it was. The boys simply ran in, got at least 5 bottles of Remy Martin 1738, some patrin , along with some Hennessy for the guest. The store owner didn't even try to stop them or call the police. He was too old to fight them off anyways.

Meanwhile, Layla was contemplating going to the party. After a few minutes, she decided to go since she had nothing to do and she didn't have to worry about her sister. She got dressed in some Bred 1s, Black leggings and a black crop top. She tied her dreads in a bun and grabbed her ripped jean jacket.

"Fuck you goin?" Tanisha asked standing outside on the porch.

"Goin to the party," Layla answered walking smooth past her.

"You should ride with us, we goin too," Asha insisted.

Layla shrugged getting in the backseat. Asha pulled out the driveway, and cruised down the block to the home where the party was thrown. Soon enough they reached the house which was acually quite large, compared to the other houses in that general area.

The three got out the car walking up to the opened front door, tons of people were dancing, smoking and drinking, you know the usual party scene. The place was boomin, shit was crankin. Layla sat around on the chair drinking some soda. After about an hour or two spent at the party, Layla was getting ready leave, she wasn't much of a partier, plus they had school the next day.

"You leavin already?" Zoo asked gently grabbing her hand before she could step out the door.

"Yeah," Layla nodded, "We got school tomorrow and it's gettin kinda late."

"Lemme at least have one dance witchu," Zoo asked. Layla looked at her phone which read 11:50, sighing she nodded. One dance wouldn't hurt, besides it'd be quick.

***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh