Chapter 21

They all sat around the waiting room, miserably. They began sharing stories about Layla and honestly most of them felt like shit.

"Man she was like a lil sister to all of us. She was always alone, but when she was with us, it's like we been known each other," Monty sighed.

Asha and Jenni shared their stories, then Myles and Angely shared their few moments with her. Zoo's mother explained the first day she met her, and how she knew that her and Zoo would up together.

"I remember when she first came here," Zoo chuckled. "I gave her the hardest time out of all of us. But she became my best friend and my girlfriend. She helped me when I was goin through some stuff, but lately I been treatin her so bad."

Zoo shook his head, fighting back several tears, his mother hugged her son. Few hours later, the doctor came out giving them some more news.

"She's awake, you may all go see her, but she needs as much as possible,"

They all thanked the doctor following behind. Layla opened her eyes, smiling once she saw Jenni and Ms. Rosetta.

"Hey girl, how you feelin?" Jenni asked standing next to the hospital bed.

"Like shit," Layla sighed sitting up. She saw Asha and Zoo standing on the side behind Jenni. "Leave."

"Layla c'mon-" Asha began.

"No, I don't want to see either of you. Leave," Layla frowned.

Zoo didn't even argue, he just left out the room, sitting out in the hallway. Ms. Rosetta and Jenni looked confused, so Monty got em up to date. Soon enough visiting hours were over, and Layla was all alone again with her baby.

A few days had passed by, and Layla was finally released out the hospital. She'd be staying with Zoo's mother who had taken a week off work to take care of her. Layla waited at the front of the hospital, for Zoo's mother, when she saw Zoo's car pull up.

Layla looked at him not moving from her seat, she saw him getting out the car, opening the passenger door.

"Why are you here?" Layla scowled.

"My mom's car would start," Zoo said nonchalantly. Layla still didn't get up, she crossed her arms looking at Zoo. "Look I got other stuff to do, so you gon get in or not?"

"Shut up," Layla got in the passenger slamming his door.

"Don't slam my fucking doors. This car cost more than your entire life," Zoo growled starting up the car.

"You know what fuck you and your bitch ass car," Layla said getting out the car once he reached a stop sign. "I don't need none of your bullshit."

Zoo sighed in frustration, stopping the car. Even though Layla was pregnant and had mood swings, everything she said was how she honestly felt. Zoo got out the car, picking her up and putting her in the backseat, putting the child lock on the car doors. He got in the driver's seat, making his way home. 

Throughout most of the ride Layla was complaining in the backseat till she took a nap. When she woke up they were still in the car, but she didn't say anything.

"You done complaining?" Zoo asked looking through the inside rear view mirror.

Layla didn't say anything she just stared at him. A few minutes later, they made it to Zoo's mothers house.

Layla looked at Zoo one more time, "I don't know how you're acting the way you are, cause we both know I did nothing to deserve the shit I'm getting from you,"

Zoo didn't say anything, he just stared at her, then got out the car to open her door.

Layla got out the car, "I hope our son don't turn out like you." She closed the door, heading into Ms. Rosetta's house.

Zoo looked at Layla shocked. He was speechless, there was nothing he could say or do. He didn't bother going in the house, in fact he stayed in his car for at least an hour, confused.

A week had gone by, and it kinda Zoo kind of settled with the fact that he was going to have a kid. On a Friday, afternoon he called Layla, and she surprisingly answered.

"Who is this?" She asked, even though she knew it was Willie. She just wanted him to feel like shit.

"Ughhh it's Zoo," He answered shocked that she didn't know.

"...okay, and? What do you want?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"Are you busy? I think it's time to talk,"

"Oh so now you wanna talk?" Layla replied dramatically rolling her eyes, while laughing. "I'm at school right now, I'll be out in five."

She hung up the phone, placing her phone back on the desk and give her attention back to her counselor.

"Okay Layla, you completed extra summer courses and have more credits than needed, so I think you'll be able to graduate early," The counselor smiled. "We'll work on the paperwork, then you'll be good to go."

Layla smiled, thanking the counselor then heading out the school. Layla wouldn't have to worry about being in high school anymore. Since she had excelled in school during her younger years and taken advanced classes, she was able to graduate ahead of time. Which would allow her to start a career early and take care of her unborn son.

Few minutes after the meeting, Zoo had pulled up. She got in the car not saying or looking at Zoo. He got out the parking heading to a nearby restaurant. They sat at a table, then ordered their drinks.

"You look good today," Zoo said trying to break the ice.

"Look Willie," Layla sighed. "I'm not here to hear your sweet talk, we were to talk about the baby."

Zoo sighed looking down at her stomach, "How many months is it?"

"It's a boy, and 6 months," Layla said sipping her water.

Zoo nodded, "Where y'all boutta live?"

"I'm getting my own place out in new York, for me, my sister and the baby once the bank let's me take out my money from my savings,"

"You can't take my fucking son out to New York, Layla," Zoo frowned.

"I can, and I will. You haven't done shit for me these past months. I don't need my son turn out like you,"

"Whatchu mean turn out like me? I provide food and shelter for my mom, put money in her pockets-"

"Don't even start. Only reason you did that was cause I told you to. I don't need my kid sellin drugs and droppin out of school like your ass did,"

"Well what the fuck you want me to do Layla? Hmm, I can't do shit now," He said raising his eyebrows.

Layla sighed, "Look us yelling, won't change shit. All I'm saying is that, he not gon be around you when you out here selling. What's gonna happen if you in his life, and you got shot by one of these lil goons running around shooting niggas?"

Zoo shrugged, "I won't get shot, I've been doing this since I was a youngin."

"I won't risk that, anything can happen... shit we didn't know we'd breakup and I'd be pregnant," she mumbled.

"I been this too long to get out,"

"You've always been into rappin, try that. You can deal if you want, just know that you won't be in our child's life."

***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh