Chapter 14

Zoo went to Monty's house throwing his clothes in the washing machine, along with the gloves he used, in case any blood got on them. He cleaned the gun placing it in Monty's safe. He sent upstairs to the guest room, where he was staying and fell asleep.

The next day, Layla woke up feeling way better than she did before. Early morning, Asha & Monty came over to give her clothes and shoes for school. Layla showered, then got dressed in flu game 12s, black Nike hoodie and black pants.

" You know Zoo really likes you, right?" Asha said while applying makeup on Layla's bruises. Layla nodded smiling a little. "He would do anything for you."

Although Layla didn't realize what Asha was saying at the moment, she nodded a little. Asha was basically telling her that Zoo handled Chris for her, but in a way that wasn't terrifying.

Layla hugged Zoo's mother, thanking her for everything she'd done. Then got ready to leave.

"Layla can I talk to you really quickly," Ms. Rosetta said after cleaning up the plates.

"Yeah," Layla said coming back into the kitchen.

"I want to thank you for being in Willie's life. I know you were able to get him to start doin well in school, and just well in general, so thank you. You're the only person who was able to help him," Ms. Rosetta tightly hugged Layla.

"No problem," Layla smiled.

"Come visit us if you get a chance, seems like Myles and Angely really like you too,"

Layla smiled remembering her conversations with Myles at night and playing with Angely. Layla said bye to Zoo's family, then got into Monty's car.

When they pulled up Layla walked with them to their usual spot. Zoo smiled seeing Layla walk over.

"I ain't know you was comin back today?" He smiled hugging her.

"Yeah, cause your ass never answered the phone," She said hugging him back.

They both walked together to first period, but they had a sub so they had nothing to do. Layla turned around in her seat facing Zoo.

"What's up?" Zoo asked looking at her.

"What are we?" Layla asked. Zoo looked at her surprised. "I mean we don't have to be anything, I'm just wondering.."

"I don't know.. whatchu want us to be?" Zoo asked.

"Hmm i don't know, " Layla smiled turning back around. The bell soon rang, Layla waited as Zoo tied his flu game 12s, then grabbed his binder. As they were walking, Layla held Zoo's hand. He looked at her surprised. They both didn't know what they were, but they knew that they liked each other.

People were staring hard ass hell, but Zoo and Layla didn't care. They continued walking down the hallway. Seems like Layla got more attention now more than she did before. Over the next few weeks, girls at the school started trying to become friends with Layla, but none of that impressed her at all.

Layla sat at the lunch table next to Zoo, along with his friends for the first time. It felt so different, but she wanted Zoo to spend time with his friends.

"Oh, you wanna go to homecoming?" Layla asked Zoo. She knew he didn't like school related activities, but she really wanted to go.

"Lay, you know I don't like those stuff," He looked at her then bit a piece of chicken.

"Pleaseeee babe," She begged placing her hand on his leg.

Zoo tensed up a lil, "Fine, but I'm not staying long."

Layla flashed a goofy smile, making Zoo laugh. "You guys make me soo happy, aww!!" Asha squealed.

The following week was Homecoming week. Asha, Tanisha and Layla spent Friday afternoon getting their nails, hair, and eyebrows done. On Saturday, evening the girls all started getting dressed around 5. Layla got dressed in a fitted long sleeve gray knotted crop top, and a high waist body-con gray skirt which stopped at her knees, along with some nude heels. Layla applied some red lipstick, along with mascara, grabbed her nude clutch, sprayed perfume then headed downstairs where Zoo, Dice & Monty were waiting.

"Damn," the guys mumbled watching as each one of their girls walked down the stairs with stunning outfits.

"You look good," Zoo said after hugging and kissing her.

"I try," Layla laughed fixing his bow tie. "You look nice too babe."

"Ooh group picture for the gram," Asha cheesed.

We all laughed at how excited she was. We all stood behind her taking one large group picture. Then we all took pictures with our dates. After taking ours, Layla sent the picture to Zoo then edited it, posting on IG, snapchat & twitter with the caption, "My best friend, my everything." Zoo did posted it on his social networks captioning it, "I don't kno what I'd do without my babygirl.", then sent the pic to his mother. Everyone posted different squad pictures all captioning it, "SQUAHH #ZooGang Homecoming 2k15".

They all got in their car with the dates, making there way to a restaurant before going to school. On the way to school Layla's phone kept buzzing with notificstions about the pictures. She scrolled through her instagram comments most saying that they looked together and stuff, which made her smile even more.

Once they got to iHop, they met up with Dre and his date. As they sat in iHop ordering their food, Layla decided to make a mini toast to her friends.

"Can I say somethin real quick," Layla said clearing her throat as they all stared at her. "I just wanted to say, thanks for lettin me into your lil squad, yall real live my family. And I love y'all niggas."

"You our lil sis now girl," Monty and the rest smiled at me. They were right though, I was basically their little sis considering the fact that I was a year younger than all of them.

After eating, they all got back in there cars heading to the dance. Zoo and Layla took a quick selfie in the car, then stepped out the car all going into the school's crowded gym.

"Want anything to drink?" Zoo asked after entering the gym. Layla shook her head, then Zoo nodded, heading over to the punch.

Layla stood around dancing a little to the songs playing.

"Oh my god you look fab," some girl said approaching Layla. "I voted for you and Zoo for best homecoming couple."

Layla awkwardly said thanks, then the girl walked away. She didn't know that Homecoming couple existed, she even know that her and Zoo were nominated for anything. Zoo came back, and as they were chatting one of Layla's jams came on. She grabbed Zoo's hand pulling him out on the dance floor. Dance by Speaker Knockerz began playing, and Layla began grinding on Zoo, bending it over a little. Throughout the course of the night, Layla and Zoo were dancing, which was something Zoo wasn't really into unless it was his own party.

Around 11, Zoo really wanted to leave so both Zoo and Layla said bye to their friends then went into Zoo's car.

"Whatchu trynna do?" He asked driving out the school.

"I don't know, you the one that wanted to leave. I'm down with whatever you trynna do,"

TO BE CONTINUED
***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh