It was dark

Anna's POV

An officer found me and took me to the nurse's office.
"You mean to say you saw nothing?"
"It was dark"I simply said to her.
"You sure?"
"Yes"I said and she left.
"Lift up please"the nurse said.

I had bruises all over my stomach.
"Goodness is that nothing is broken bad news is that you got one hell of a bone bruise,it's gonna hurt for a while.You're new here?you do drugs?"
"No"

Goodness she was asking so many questions.
"You're a trouble maker?just asking to see how you're gonna fair here,you have an attitude you're gonna get in trouble that much I know for sure"
"You don't know me"
"No but I Know what it's like in here "

"Then maybe you can tell me how to get everyone to leave me alone"

"I wish I could,it's a nasty place the people are cruel it's a prison sweetie if you get into real trouble again you can always talk to Frank,20 minutes on 20 minutes off okay"she said as she continued putting ice on my bruises.
"Thank you"
"You're welcome,go on"

I walked to Frank's office.
"What are you doing in here?"
"I'd like to talk to you for a minute"
"Have a seat"

I sat across his table.
"I heard about that incident,that was so terrible I really wish you would've gotten a good look at those assailants"
"It was dark"
"Anna right?Anna Nix, solitary is a room about maybe 1/4th this size and you're in 23 hours a day you get 2 showers a week,believe me you don't want lock up let me get your file really quick,hold on"he said as he checked his drawer.

"Anna I'm gonna say something we do the very best that we can to protect you but we've got 214 of  the nastiest meanest girls in the whole state of California just becomes very very difficult I did look at your file ,you this is interesting about you,you are pretty much a model student I mean you made straight A's and B's in school,you play Cello I gotta tell you something every year we have a talent show here, alright so you are not interested in that I can see that ok I'm gonna tell you something if you help me Anna I'll help you I'll tell you the way this works doesn't mean much about the girls out there they're so mean but I have the power to protect you and I'll do that for you"

"How?"
"It's just sort of like,you know,just take care of me"he said touching my hair.

I moved my head and smiled.
"Ok that's all we are done you can go now,good luck out there"

I got and left his office.
What a disgusting man!!!