Kapitulo Seis

Rafa's

THE play that Felipe that wanted wasn't what I had in my mind. I don't know where he get that fucking chess board but he did have it and we've been playing for hours know. At first I know that he was only letting me win, but as the minutes passed by, I feel like he's doing that to pull me out of the subspace, he succeeded though, moments later, I was playing him like we're on the fucking Olympics and I am having so much fun.

"But didn't you say you missed me?" I looked at him with so much hope in my eyes. Hearing him say that did wonders to my ego. I love Felipe and I will always be sensitive and aware of his feelings for me.

"Well, I do." Mayabang na wika niya matapos niyang galawin iyong Queen. I had to giggle. I am obviously winning. "We were together for so long, and saying I miss you is something I've been wanting to do for a long time." I saw him smirk when I took his pawn away. Tumawa ako nang kuhanin niya naman ang horse piece tapos ay muli niya akong tiningnan. "You have no idea what was going in my mind that moment I saw you in the Hacienda. I left you in Malta thinking that I will never see you again, Rafaelle. But I did. After years of trying to forget you, you were there again and I just didn't know how to approach you."

One of the reasons why I fell in love with Felipe is because he is always honest about everything. Kung may makakarinig nga sa amin ngayon at makakikita, they might think that we're still in a relationship, lovers that are bonding over some board games to make the time pass by without being bored. Ganoon ang peg naming dalawa, and it's nice to think about it, in some way, it comforts my hurting heart. Kaya rin siguro madali na sa akin ang kausapin siya ngayon dahil alam kong malawak ang pang – unawa niya at hinding – hindi niya ipagkakait sa akin ang katotohanan.

"I distanced myself because I know it will be hard for you. I was right. I'm sorry for barging in your territory, Rafaelle."

"It's not your fault no." Tumigil na ako sa paglalaro at tiningnan siya. "We both didn't know that our paths will cross again, Felipe. I have a lot of regrets when it comes to our relationship, but I never regret meeting you."

Nagkangitian lang kaming dalawa. I know that he will probably say goodbye anytime from now, masyado na rin namang gabi. He has somewhere to be. Although I wanted him to spend the night with me, I couldn't ask him to do that. He is not mine anymore. Wala na kaming relasyon, wala na akong hawak kay Felipe and I should be thankful for the budding friendship that is growing between us. Siguro kaya madali na para sa akin ang ganito kasi unti – unti ko nang natatanggap na wala na talaga kaming dalawa. Felipe is just a friend now, and I will cherish that friendship.

"I better go. Avo might be looking for me." Tumayo si Felipe kaya sumunod na rin ako. Lumakad kaming dalawa patungo sa main door. He was walking slowly – as if he didn't want to leave, but we know he had too.

"How is your grandma?" I couldn't help but ask. Isang beses kong nakita ang Lola ni Felipe. It was that one summer in Italy when we crossed paths with her on the streets. She is a nice lady, and she kept on smiling at me. Isang beses lang iyon pero ramdam ko naman ang kanyang kabaitan.

"Ruel, you know – the other Elias – he already has kid and Avo is too busy admiring them so she hasn't really paying attention to any of us right now." There is a hint of amusement in his voice kaya natawa na rin ako. His grandmom has always fussed over them. They all grew up in their father's side, without any mother figure and they were all lucky to have Avo with them. She took care of the boys – and maybe that's why Felipe is a good man – well for me he is.

He stood by the door, face me and smiled.

"Thank you for the talk, Rafaelle. I'll make sure that I will be taking care of Jaqueline more this time."