16

For the past three weeks, they had worked tirelessly to gather information about a new killer targeting young women around 20 years old. It turned out to be one of the killers responsible for Chaeyoung's sister's death. In the first week, Lisa and Felix hacked into the airport's system, planting false information about Lisa traveling to Thailand, and Joy to JeJu Island. Aware that the FBI was still monitoring them, they decided to lay low at Chaeyoung's house. Jennie would often buy them food, and sometimes she and Chaeyoung would venture out to buy games to keep the girls occupied while day stayed indoors, taking care of Hank. Meanwhile Suzy, Marcus, Chanyeol, and occasionally Chaeyoung would manage the office, creating a diversion for the FBI while the others worked on the case.

During the second week, the game was almost ready. Every phone will soon be filled with the same screen, and it will only take a week to gather every vote. Lisa was grateful for Felix's help. Jennie would always stay by their side, offering ideas for the black and red game featuring the J's Shadow logo. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung would spend 24/7 in her basement, sharpening her knives and training with Marcus. She was exceptionally well skilled, leaving Marcus with numerous bruises and cuts from her precise punches. Chaeyoung surpassed him in every way, and he took pride in his abilities to for the best bitch ever.

In the third week, the entire group worked together. While Lisa and Joy fixed small cameras, which they learned to operate with Felix's help, the others went out and discreetly placed them in the suspects places, Chaeyoung in particular. She had already taken three victims to her secret place. It was time to get the rest, and finish what she started once and forever. Even tho she still had Chanyeol biological family and the upcoming formal event/ party.

"Do we know who this killer is, the one targeting the ladies?" Lisa asked, sitting in the corner of the couch with her laptop. Jennie was in the other corner, watching Lisa and Joy work, while the others were out on their tasks.

"Hmmm, yes," Jennie replied in a lazy tone yawning. "Rosie said she's going to take him down tonight." She shook her head, "I don't get how you two can stay up for two days straight and work like if being sleepy wasn't a problem. I'm sleep deprived." Jennie had had decided to stay up with the girls for the two days straight to keep them company, but she was the only one struggling to stay awake, while Lisa and Joy worked normally.

"We're used to this," Joy said with a smile "Plus, remember in high school, you would sleep every day."

Jennie looked puzzled. "I still don't get how you are Rosie's cousin or how she is THE Roseanne Park." Joy chuckled, "Well get used to it... But you should sleep, you look like a mess. We still need the guys to get back before my cousin gets back and leaves for that mission." Jennie nodded, got up, grabbed a blanket and a pillow moving to the other couch. In no time, she was fast asleep.

"Well that was fast," Lisa said, chuckling. "I know, right? we should probably head to the upstairs living room," Joyce suggested, gathering her belongings. "Oh yes, we should. Do you have the key?"

"Yes, I do"

Later that day, Chaeyoung and the guy returned with Suzy by their side. They knew to enter quietly, as Lisa had messaged them earlier, warning that the little Jennie was fast asleep. They were also instructed to meet in the upstairs living room for a brief meeting before Chaeyoung leaves.

"Okay, so what is the matter?" Asked Chaeyoung with concern. "Are you going to be okay out there?" Lisa inquired, with worry in her tone.

Chaeyoung gave Lisa a reassuring smile. "I'm J's Shadow, remember" The others in the room gasped in disbelief, their eyes widening in surprise. Chaeyoung's confident declaration was met with a chorus of "ohhh" from the group, accompanied by raised eyebrows.