Stain

Song for this Chapter: Hypnotized by the Set It Off. 

For Stain's disillusionment.

---------------------

For Izumi's next assignment, she and Seraphina decided to head to Hosu City.

"Isn't that where the Hero Killer Stain has been targeting heroes lately?"

"Yes. I have been requested to patrol along with other heroes there. We're actually going to scan over the the area to alert where he could be."

Izumi was a little nervous. Not for possibly encountering the Hero Killer, but for Iida. His brother was targeted by Stain but he made it thanks to Nataku's interference. 

Although......

'Iida. Whatever you do, don't go after Stain....'

----------------------------

Meanwhile in a bar.....

A certain blue-gray haired male found himself on the ground with Stain pinning him down with a knife lodged in his right shoulder.

And to make it worse, Stain immobilized Kurogiri.

"Tch. I had a feeling we would not get along. Kurogiri, can you send him away?"

"I can't move. It must be his quirk." Kurogiri replied.

Shigaraki grunted. As Stain was talking about conviction, he stared. From what he could tell, Stain's quirk worked with blood. He had to taste Kurogiri's blood, so that must be how he paralyzed the warp gate user.

But as Stain was about to damage the hand on his face, Shigaraki reacted.

By disintegrating the knife.

"Sorry, I cant let you damage this hand. Plus, I was just recovering from my other wounds."

"Tch. What is there a reason to destroy if you have no conviction?" Stain asked in mockery.

Shigaraki just stared before replying. "Honestly, I originally wanted to destroy everything because it was my master's will. Right now, I'm looking for what I really wanted to be gone....What is right and what is wrong in this society we live in? It's all become warped. People these days don't realize they can be killed any moment. Yet they smile as if nothing is wrong. Like they assume everyone will obey the same morals they have, when its really not the case. they are lured into a false sense of security. I'm looking for why they think that way. Is it because of heroes or because of certain quirks? It may be both. Once I find my answer, I'll confirm my conviction." 

Kurogiri was surprised at this. Usually, his charge would go on a childish trade, but he seemed to be taking the conversation more smoothly. Could his defeat at the USJ humbled him a bit?..............................or maybe?

Stain looked a little conflicted but interested with his answer. He seemed to be a lapdog for a real mastermind, and right now he seemed to be looking for an answer to his existence, for his purpose.

"Well, we do agree on one thing. The present needs to change........your warp gate should be able to move again. Send me back to Hosu."

"..............Do as he asks, Kurogiri."

"Yes." 

After the man vanished, Shigaraki was silent for a bit before looking over to the screen.

"Doctor, are they any Nomus we can use as cannon fodder? At least those with quirks we can easily replace?" Shigaraki asked.

"At least two. What are you planning?"

"..........Something Stain said earlier about heroes. Only being a bunch of phonies..........I want to test how far they will go to rescue someone. The purpose is not to win this time. We need to see what kind of heroes they are and what we'll be facing in the near future. We need to see if they have conviction."