The Fire Within

As the team gathered for a post-practice meal, Kane, Babar, and Saim sat together, their laughter filling the air as they shared stories from their time apart. Kane and Babar discussed their batting techniques, while Saim listened intently, his eyes flickering between them with an unsettling intensity.

"Saim, what do you think?" Kane asked, turning to include him in the conversation.

Saim's smile widened, a glint of possessiveness flashing in his eyes. "Oh, I think Babar has a unique style, don't you, Kane?" he replied, his voice dripping with false cheerfulness.

Kane exchanged a puzzled glance with Babar before nodding in agreement. "Yeah, he does. But then again, so do you, Saim," Kane replied, attempting to diffuse the tension.

Saim's smile faltered for a moment before he leaned in closer to Babar, his touch lingering longer than necessary. "You always know how to make the ball sing, Babar," Saim murmured, his breath hot against Babar's ear.

Babar shifted uncomfortably, a flush creeping up his neck as he subtly edged away from Saim's touch. "Uh, thanks, Saim," he replied, his voice strained with unease.

Kane's brow furrowed as he watched the exchange, a knot of concern forming in his stomach. Sensing the growing tension, he attempted to steer the conversation in a different direction. "So, any plans for the rest of the day?" Kane asked, his tone casual.

Saim's eyes lingered on Babar for a moment longer before turning back to Kane, a forced smile plastered on his face. "Oh, nothing much. Just thought I'd spend some time with Babar," Saim replied, his tone dripping with implication.

Babar's discomfort grew with each passing moment, his attempts to deflect Saim's advances falling on deaf ears. He shot Kane a pleading look, silently begging for rescue from the suffocating atmosphere.

Kane's intuition told him that something was amiss, his concern for Babar growing with each passing moment. "Actually, Saim, I think I need to discuss some strategy with Babar," Kane interjected, his tone firm.

Saim's smile faltered at the interruption, his eyes flashing with frustration. "Oh, of course, Kane. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your discussion," he replied through gritted teeth, his facade of cheerfulness slipping.

As Kane and Babar rose from the table, Saim's eyes followed them with a mixture of longing and resentment. Alone once more, he clenched his fists in frustration, the sting of rejection burning hot against his skin.

.

As they walked towards Babar's room, Kane couldn't shake off the unease that had settled in his chest. He glanced at Babar, a silent question in his eyes.

"Babar, do you think... Saim might have feelings for you?" Kane broached the delicate topic, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Babar's expression softened with a reassuring smile. "Kane, you know Saim is like a brother to me. It's impossible for him to see me in any other way."

Kane furrowed his brows, recalling a subtle detail. "But Babar, I noticed something strange today. Saim wasn't even calling you 'bhai'."

Babar paused, considering Kane's observation. "Well, sometimes he drops the 'bhai' when he's in a playful mood. It doesn't mean anything, Kane."

Kane nodded, though the worry lingered in his eyes. "I hope you're right, Babar. It's just... the way he looks at you sometimes, it's hard not to notice."

Babar chuckled, shaking his head. "Trust me, Kane, it's nothing like that. Saim's just being his usual friendly self."

Kane accepted Babar's assurance with a nod, though a trace of doubt remained in his mind. "Alright, Babar. Just wanted to make sure you're aware."