PROLOGUE

On a stormy night the rain drops cascaded down like silver strings; the streets lay deserted, devoid of any visible soul.

The raging wind quivered with threats of an unknown danger, whispering secrets which are yet to unfold.

At that moment, a hooded figure emerged from the shadows. The wind raged more fiercely with every passing second, warning about the upcoming dangers.

Yet the lone figure moved hastily in the downpour. From the vivid silhouette of the person cast by the flickering street lights, it seemed to be a woman.

Hunched under the weight of an umbrella, her hurried steps echoed with sense of desperate purpose. Carrying a battered basket clutched on her side, it appeared to be slightly wet as the umbrella provided very little shelter to it.

As she hurried along, appearing to be very terrified, the woman kept on casting anxious glances around, taking in her surroundings, while maintaining her hurried pace.

Her every movement screamed of a woman on the run with stolen riches.

Suddenly, the women halted near a grand gate. She peered inside through its iron bars while hiding behind the walls, not perceiving anyone there. She walked away from the gate and went to a shorter corner of the wall.

Further, she stood there for a few more seconds, appearing to contemplate something. She glanced at the basket in her hand, but shook her head before proceeding to walk in front of the locked door.

Determination etched her face as she produced a hair clip and kept the basket on the wet floor, which was now getting soaked without the cover of dainty umbrella.

The woman began fiddling with the lock, which seemed like an eternity to her, but only  a few minutes had gone by. The lady let out a sigh of relief as she heard a satisfactory click.

Cautiously, along with the basket she made her way inside. Her body seemed more tensed, her heartbeat increased with each step. Scanning her surrounding again, she  walked towards the porch with trembling legs  while making sure she remained hidden in the shadows .

Keeping the basket on the ground, her hands trembled as she ranged the doorbell twice and without turning back, she fled out of the house towards the street. After taking few turns, she slowed down.

Her walk didn't seem cautious anymore; her steps were light and fluttery unlike an hour ago, her once tensed body now danced with lightness, as if she had shed a heavy burden .

Taking a few turns she vanished in the dark night without leaving behind a trace of her presence, just like how she appeared out of nowhere in the city's posh neighborhood .

What lay in the concealed basket?? Perhaps a fragile hope. The question lingered, unanswered, as the raindrop whispered secret to the empty street. Only the storm bore witness as she vanished in the night.

With lots of hope, I have uploaded the prologue, would love to hear your valuable opinions about it.

What are your expectations from the book???

How's everyone doing??? Hope you all are doing well.

Have a good day/night.

Take care ❤️