1st Day

In the end, number 4 was voted the most. Suzie will get confused for an actual baby and somehow end up in a nursery. But since number 2 was also voted a lot and someone suggested a combination, I'll use the other ideas in some way.

Sure enough, the 8th of January rolled around. It was time for Suzie's first day at daycare. Suzie was dressed in a pastel pink shirt and red skirt. Her pastel pink shirt had a unicorn with reflective parts for some part of the unicorn's rainbow hair.

She had a pair of similar pink leggings that didn't do much to hide her diaper bulge. But her dress did mostly hide it. But if she twirled or something it would be very visible. Her hair wasn't styled much but was cut a bit shorter than normal to help hide her age.

Suzie sat in the backseat clutching a stuffed bunny with a pink paci in her mouth that she was nursing for comfort. Her mom looked in the rearview mirror and calmly spoke. "Don't worry baby girl. You'll do fine. Just do the same things you did when we went for Thanksgiving, and it'll go well."

"Owkay..."

Soon enough they reached the building. Suzie couldn't stop nursing her paci. Why was she this nervous? She had done this before.

Maybe it's because this is like going to a new school. Just keep calm...

She watched her Mom take a bunch of stuff from the back of the car. She opened the door and let Suzie out. She handed Suzie a backpack they got yesterday, grabbed a pack of diapers and they walked in. Soon they were inside and greeted Ms. Ana again.

"Hello again Lucy. Welcome back to the daycare."

"Hello again Ms. Ana. Here are the diapers."

"Great! I'll have these brought to the changing room. Now Jeanette, are you ready for your first day?"

and then she was dropped off inside the daycare itself.

"Alright Jeanette, I'll be going now."

Suzie just looked up to her Mommy with big eyes. Her Mommy gently ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, Mommy won't be gone for long. I'd like you to be a good girl while I'm gone. You can do that, right?'

Suzie just looked up and nodded and mumbled "Yesh..."

"Good girl. Bye now!"

Suzie watched as her mom got in the car and drove off. She watched the car drive out of the daycare parking lot and drive off into the distance.

Then she felt a gentle nudge on her side. She looked to her side and saw Ms. Ana.

"Well, she's gone now. Let's head to the daycare."

Suzie took Ms. Ana's hand and they walked back into the daycare.

Inside Suzie only saw a few other toddlers here and there. The place was mostly silent, aside just from the babbling from the toddlers. The place smelled of baby powder and a musky smell Suzie recognized as a wet diaper. She did a quick count and only found 4 other toddlers. Maybe she was early?

Then Ms. Ana let go of her hand and gave her diapered bottom a pat to gesture her to go play. Suzie started to toddle over when Suzie stopped, wondering if she was supposed to go over immediately.

Then Ms. Ana took Suzie's hand and brought her over to one of the toy boxes. She probably thought Suzie was shy. With Ms. Ana there Suzie got down and started looking through the toy box for something to do.

Suzie opened the toy box and started rummaging. Inside she found some wooden blocks, a bunch of toy cars and trucks. She also found some action figures, an abacus, and some dominoes.

Then Ms. Ana left to go attend to another toddler who had just arrived, leaving Suzie by herself. Now that she was by herself Suzie breathed a sigh of relief and was glad that Ms. Ana didn't seem to suspect anything.

Suzie kept digging through the toy box looking for something until she found what seemed to be a domino. She felt the wood in her hand. She saw a six on one part and a blank on the other. Curious, she started taking other dominoes and got them all in front. Then she started putting them in a line together.

Then she heard some other voices. Not toddler or baby babbling like she had heard around her. Actual speaking, from someone her normal age.

She turned around and noticed someone. She looked and saw it was a boy, about her normal age, and was talking to Ms. Ana.

"So... basically I walk around and see if anybody needs help, and also try to cheer up any grumpy babies here?" The boy said.

"Cody, these aren't babies, they're just toddlers."

"Aren't they still in diapers though? That means they're babies."

"No... you get the idea. They're still growing. Like you."

"At least I don't poop my pants..." The boy, Cody Suzie guessed.

"Come on. I know this isn't exactly the place you want to be but at least be a little more cheerful. Or do you want me to tell your mom you're misbehaving?"

Cody scrambled. "No! I- fine. Alright, I'll go see to the toddlers."

"See? That's a good boy. Justgo familiarize yourself. The others will get here soon. I'll show you the others."

Ms. Ana started pointing to the others. First she pointed to the toy kitchen. "See that one over there by the toy kitchen? That's Hana."

Then she pointed to 2 others by some rocking horses. "Those are Maple and Mason. They're twins."

Then she pointed to another boy staring out the window. "The one looking out the window is Tom."

Then, she finally pointed to Suzie. Suzie directly made eye contact with both of them and saw Ms. Ana's finger. But that wasn't the main thing she saw. She saw Cody, and something clicked inside of her. She stared at him. Sandy hair, brown eyes, and a few freckles on his face. Then, she remembered, just about a year ago, a boy:

Suzie, not being able to take it anymore, ran away crying to the parking lot passing a boy her age on the way.

A car drove next to them in traffic, and in the backseat a boy the same age as Suzie stared. He kept staring and staring until the car drove away.

Her mind was spinning, with all the details starting to line up a bit too much.

IT WAS HIM.

They were the same. No mistaking it. This was the same boy from a year ago who had seen her in a pull-up. Twice.

Suzie had just one thought in mind now.

Oh no....