Cover Ups

Regenia was ready to go back home, but they were stuck in New York until everything was finalize with Isla, something that was supposed to be done days ago

Regenia was ready to go back home, but they were stuck in New York until everything was finalize with Isla, something that was supposed to be done days ago. It wasn't all that bad, and as of today, they were getting ready for her baby reveal. She couldn't wait to see what she was having, although she had an idea. During her last ultrasound, she swore one of them was a boy, but it was hard to tell if he was in a sack alone or with the other baby. Domenico needed a little brother so he wouldn't be the only boy. He enjoyed his sisters, but most of the time, Regenia would find him playing alone since all of his cousins around his age were girls. There were only three boys, and all were teenagers, and she knew he got lonely.

"You're not ready."

"I'm getting there. I have a lot on my mind, Giuse. I love my Dad, but how he left Camila in a drug addict's custody pisses me off. He claims he stayed away because he didn't want me or my mom to know. In my opinion, she should have known. They should have taken her from that woman. What I think is he didn't want the responsibility of another child, and I'm sure it's more of us out there. Why can't he be truthful for once? That's all I ask for him to be truthful with me." Regenia couldn't begin to understand why her father would keep so many secrets. She understood the one about her mom, but having other children was something she needed to know.

"You should sit down and talk to him when we are back home, but first, you need the real truth about Camila. You know our parents keep secrets for a reason, and you are right; that's something we must know. However, we can only take things one step at a time." Slowly, she nodded, looking over at her gender-revealed dress, but her mind couldn't help but think of the many lies Jake had told her and why he felt the need to hide the truth. Regenia knew one day, his actions would catch up with him, and this time, he would die for real.

It didn't matter how mad she got at her father. He was still her parent, and she would do anything to protect him, but he had to learn to tell the truth, or he would bring unwanted danger to their home. He was tricked by Kodama, which was bad enough. Yet, it was a problem for another day. Today, she was ready to see what her mother put together for her and what the three little beans in her belly were. Therefore, she quickly showered and dressed after Regenia and Giuseppe made their way over to her mother's home about twenty minutes late.

"Is that her?"

"Ma, why do you sound so sour? You're married to Jacob but mad about Dad having another daughter."

"Isla, do you ever shut your trap? I'm not mad; I'm asking a question—"

"It sounds like you a bit salty to me." Giuseppe laughed as Zoey's head whipped to him. Regenia had to agree. She was a bit mad, maybe because she was about three years younger than Isla, which meant their dad was sleeping with another woman besides her.

"Since the three of you want to be jackasses—"

"Actually, Mom, you're the one that's been being a jackass. You've been sour with me since you learned Xander. Now this, I know I've been a disappointment, but you could act a little better about the situation. I'm here for my sister, but once this is over, Enzo and I are leaving for Italy." Regenia stared between the two, trying to figure out what Isla was upset about. She could've said it was all about how their mother was acting about her son, but it seemed to be more.