4. | Family Dinner 😭

Last night was a blast for Johnnie and the other crew members that worked for Bryanstars. It took Bryan some time but he got over his feelings and they started their drive back to Kansas. During the drive, Johnnie got called a few more times by Jake on his phone but he didn't answer them while he was asleep on Jakes lap.

Bryan made sure to take the fastest route there was to get back home. Once they were back at home Johnnie had to be woken up because no one was about to carry his little ass inside Bryan's home. Once they were back inside Johnnie went to his room and was about to sleep but he checked his phone again. He saw more missed calls from Tara in his contacts but chose to ignore it. He was gonna go back to their place tomorrow anyways he'll explain everything there.

Next day...

Johnnie started his day by waking up late like usual. Going out with Jake and some of his other friends to fuck around town until 7:45 and headed back home. He was hoping Tara wouldn't be too pissed at him or take what he did too seriously... Since he's done something like this bufffore.

But nooOOo, cause when he arrives back home, he sees Tara standing in that stance where one of her hands were on her hips and she had one of her arms hand loose while she had "Johnnie, you're a disappointment" written all over her face. Jake on the other hand, the Webber kind not the Bateman, was no where to be found.

"Johnnie, why the hell were you all the way on the other side of Missouri?" She started, her voice telling Johnnie exactly how annoyed she was by Johnnie's behavior.

"Uhhh, my friend uh, I was at my friend's and uh.. he took me to go see my favorite band Never Shout Never." Johnnie told Tara, leaving a lot of other parts out that would def pull his foot down deeper into his grave.

"Uhhh well, you couldn't have... At least told me or something? Jake told me you told him you got kidnapped by a blonde dude to go see your favorite band..." Tara said with a content sigh before continuing, cutting Johnnie off.

"Yeah I-"

"... AND AND, HOLD ON IM NOT DONE TALKING. The fact you said that and then just hung up on Jake after? Seriously? I know I'm not the best mother but you have no rights to be that rude to Jake." Johnnie's jaw just stayed hung open, not really sure what else to say or do or ask.

"I said I was fine and that I'd be back home the next day..." Johnnie said quietly, looking away and fidgeting with his thumbs.

Tara just rolled her eyes and turned away from Johnnie, walking back into the kitchen to make herself a drink or some shit. "You're apologizing to Jake first thing he gets home." She stated, not expecting any other response from Johnnie besides an "okay." And she got it.

"... Yeah okay." Johnnie walks away and goes upstairs to his room. Laying in bed and getting some more nap in. Sleepyhead ass.

8:35 pm. . .  Johnnie's POV

I woke up to a loud knock coming from my bedroom door. I hated waking up to shit like that but it was better than having someone barge in and shake me violently to wake me up.

"I'm awake!" I yelled from where I was, loud enough to get the knocking to stop.

"Dinners ready!" A voice shouted that wasn't Tara's, then I heard heavy ass footsteps withdrawing from my bedroom's door. Great, I have to join in for dinner with Tara and her boYfrIend. Pee ewie. I'm just gonna apologize and quickly excuse myself out.

I got out of bed and slowly made my way downstairs. Making sure to take my sweet ass time.

"Take a seat Johnnie." Tara said in the most passive-aggressive tone like a Spanish teacher would when you misgender a subway sandwich. Johnnie did just that, taking the seat farthest from Jake ofc. There was a good long dong minute of awkward silence.

"Well... Johnnie? Aren't you gonna say something?" Tata's eyes bulged out at Johnnie a bit as he just sit there in silence. Not making eye contact with her or Jake. Finally, he spoke up.

"I'm sorry... 🥺"

"UGHJ I can't believe I have to say this- Don't just apologize to me APOLOGIZE TO YOUR POPS." Johnnie immediately cringed upon hearing Tara refer to Jake as his "pops." At least it wasn't "your dad."

"..." Johnnie stayed silent. Making Tara let out a grunt.

"Maybe... If he has a slice of pizza, he'll be in a better mood? Plus, he really doesn't need to apologize lol." Jake finally spoke up, making the petite emo perk up a bit.

"noooOoo, he needs to learn how to listen and apologize when he needs to. He's gonna be held accountable for his actions and apologize." Tara stated sternly, making Jake shrink a bit in his seat.

"Sorry... Pops" Johnnie murmured, Tara didn't hear him really and just raised a brow while Jake snickered a little. Making Johnnie confused at what Jake was snickering about. 🤨

"I can't hear you Johnnie-"

"Sorry Jake! Omg." Johnnie shouted a bit, frustrated lil much.

"I forgive you Johnnie☺️ here you go." Jake snickering became more clear and he handed over a slice of pizza to Johnnie with the slice in his hand.

"Ewie, I'm not taking that from your grimy fingers." Johnnie scowled at the skunk.

"OH MY GOD JOHNNIE, stop being RUDE to Jake and just thank him, my god." Tara yelled at Johnnie, rolling her eyes and forehead-palming, taking an aggressive bite from her jalapeño poppers.

Johnnie didn't say anything but did take the slice of pizza from Jake's hands. Making a split second eye contact with daddy Jake before breaking it off quickly and taking a chomp from hiss lice.

After more minutes of awkard silence again. Tara or course, breaks it.

"Okay well... Now that we have that clear. Johnnie, if you don't know yet... Jake, my little boo boo bear is gonna be moving in very soon and living with us... so..." Johnnie's eyes go wide at the information, even though it was expected sorta...

"Oh..." Not oh, oh shit. That was the only response Johnnie returned with.

"Well he took that surprisingly well" Jake chuckled a bit. "You excited to see this face every morning?" Johnnie just glared at him.

"Like hell you wake up at 7 in the morning, you seem like the type of junkie to sleep in till 1 in the afternoon."

"Oop 🫢"

Jake forced a frown at Johnnie's response, but he wasn't affected by it at all. He knew Johnnie was just making it clear that he didn't like him, but he's too much of a goofball to give up on getting Johnnie to warm up to him.

"That's only because Tara sleeps in like that. I can enjoy being an early riser when I have someone to join with in the morning." Jake wiggled his brows. This made the tip of Johnnie's ears go a bit red 🙆🙅🫄

"Oh fuck you" Tara tired to sound offended, but she broke character and giggled.

"Mmm, I don't think that's a good idea Tara, don't wanna keep someone up all night." Jake shot back at Tara. His response instantly made Johnnie lose his appetite.

"EWWWW 😭"

-------------------
A/N: Not finna lie, but I was hella groggy writing this, so you're gonna spot a lot of mistakes probably. Oh welp womp womp. Stay hydrated.