5. | Taco Bell for Breakfast?

A/N: Sorry haven't been updating in a while... School's been pretty rough and so has my mental health all of last week. Enough about that though Im in the mood to write rn
----------------------

Last night when by in a blur after that for Johnnie. As Johnnie had planned, he would excuse himself to his room early that dinner, and Tara was a bit upset with him but she wasn't in the mood anymore to argue so she let him go. Dealing with an hormonal edgy teen isn't easy Tara once said herself.

The next morning Johnnie woke up earlier than usual... having that same nightmare wake him up  again. It's already Monday againnnnn ughhh, god fuck it all Johnnie thought, he had to act like he was going to school again and he couldn't sleep in. But then he reminded himself to be grateful again, for having Tara be irresponsible enough to not question where his grades are or when are report cards coming through. How did I even manage to do that for four years? Tara you stupid bitch ilysm

Johnnie pulled himself out of bed, feeling hungrier than ever. He made his way downstairs in hopes he could sneak out a couple packs of Ritz before leaving the house. Though that plan might just have to be dismissed since he spotted that same figure he did during that one fateful night.

Johnnie's POV

I nearly shat my pants when I saw dun dun dunnnn, JAKE OMG 😱. He was actually awake, seemingly making something in the kitchen. But what? I didn't want to pry nor did I even wanna be in the same room with this punk right now, but I guess if anything, I could at least say morning to him before I leave for "school."

"Morning Johnnie :]"

Well- nevermind.

"Morning." I responded, trying to sound as tired as I could. 

"Are you leaving for school already?" Jake asked, looking sad in particular.

"Uh yeah, I usually leave around this time. Why?" I asked bro curiously.

"Well, I was making pancakes for the both of us 🥺 Could you please stay back and eat with me?" Jake was pleading atp. And as much as I hated Jake, I couldn't help but actually give in.

Sighhhsss "Okayyyy, fine. But you're gonna make me late to my first period."

Jake's frown turned into a full blown grin and he quickly finished making his pancakes "Okay YIPPEE!"

Though as soon as Jake flipped those pancakes, he went back to frowning. L.

"Uhmm, Johnnie." Jake seemed to be asking me something.

"Uhh, yeah?" I questioned.

"I may or may not have just burnt pancakes." Jake laughed nervously.

"..." Bitch tf. You better have not, you're holding me and my precious time back. Well... Not really. But still.

"Okay then, I'll just leave." I said when an eye roll. Not bothering to hide my disappointment. "Made my ass late for nothing."

"WAIT, no Johnnie I'm not letting you go empty handed." Jake quickly ran for the door to block it from me. Istfg this MF is a living cartoon character with the way he acts and does things.

"Jake... Just let me through. Don't make me anymore late than I am-" Before I could even finish I was so disrespectfully interrupted again.

"We're going to taco bells. They got breakfast." Jake said firmly, not leaving room for me to argue really.

"What?!" I still tried to argue anyways :] Though before I knew it, I was being dragged by my arm to his truck. 

"I said we're going to Taco Bell Johnnie, I go to it every morning to eat there, so I'll just take you with me." Taco Bell every morning??? Yeah no this MF is not human.

".... You're inhumane." Jake giggled a bit at this... Weirdo.

"And you're gonna rather eat those failed samples for breakfast at school?" Shit, I mean he would have a point, but I skip school and breakfast so 🤷.

"Yeah yeah whatever, just get there already. I'm probably missing out on my first period already." I whined.

"Johnnie your first period right now is probably eating breakfast, calm your tits." Jake responded in a more stern voice. I guess he's starting to get tired of my bitching.

"Calm my tits?" I repeated after Jake. Not sure if I heard that right.

"Yes calm your tits." He began pulling up into a driveway. Shit was empty and depressing... Like me :D

I just awkwardly sat there in the passenger seat while Jake talked with the person over the speaker who was taking his orders. Suddenly, I felt my arm being nudged at and turned to face Jake with a raised brow.

"What do you want Johnnie? Waffle Taco? Crunch wrap? Steak 'n egg?" Now I'm gonna be so deadass, I never been to a Taco Bell before so I honestly didn't know what they had to offer. But I was a picky eater and none of those sounded good to me.

"I don't know dude, just get me whatever but those." Jake just nodded and went back to talking with the speaker.

After a few minutes, the truck began moving again and I still remained silent. Mainly trying to busy myself with my phone or something to avoid talking with Jake or anything. My regret was only now kicking in for letting Jake take me to Taco Bell at this time.

"So- you said get anything besides whatever I listed out for you. I got a cinnabon delight and hash browns. Seemed like the most edible thing on the menu for you." I just gave Jake a small nod and a half smile.

"Thanks, that actually sounds like something I could eat for breakfast." Jake smiled back and stopped at the spot on the driveway where you pick up your orders.

"You're welcome Johnnie." Jake and I just waited there for 3 full NSN songs before we got our orders. Jake handed me a big ass paper bag that had our breakfast in it while he set the drinks in the cup holder. Saying thank you to the person before driving off.

"So Johnnie..."

"Hmmm?" I hummed while rummaging through the bag to find my hashbrowns. 

"Where's your school? I'll just drive you there and drop you off and you can eat your breakfast there. Or don't."

I immediately stopped what I was doing. My face went pale... If that was possible... As soon as he asked me that. What the hell do I say? Should I just lie and tell him to drop me off at my old highschool that I don't even attend to anymore? Or do I tell him that I dropped out? Nah he would tell Tara-

"Oh... Uhmm, well..."

-----------------------
A/N: Teehee, cliffhanger. 1128 words. I just started writing this since like yesterday so yeah I can't say this was rushed. But I still had fun writing this at 4 in the morning. Have a great day as always mi amor 😘