Chapter :- 01

Y/n Pov :-

I hoisted my suitcase up and into the back of my Dad's Car . I winced as the hot tearing pain ripped through my lower back, but I ignored the pain and adjusted my suitcase among the last of the moving boxes.

Slamming the car door, I took one last glance at our town house. We were not even gone yet and already the familiar brick building was a stranger to me with dead curtain-free eyes staring back at me.

It wasn't my home anymore.
Three hours away, Busan, a big ass mansion waited.

Talking about my Dad's old home. I had heard about it all my life, but it always seemed unreal and far away.

It was to busam that we were moving to now. When Dad
announced we were moving, I tried to pretend that it wasn't true, even as all of our things were packed and taken away.

By the time I had to face what was happening, I just couldn't make myself care.

"Y/n," my Dad said to me as he tossed his own small duffel bag into the back seat.

"You know this is going to be great for us, right?"
I couldn't let my Appa guess how much I hated this, so I smiled up at him.

I liked the way his Black eyes crinkled around the edges as he smiled back.

I hated to lie, but...

"I know," I said with another humoring smile.

If my mother was still alive,
she and I would have exchanged knowing glances as conspirators in pacifying my father.

To think of my mother made my eyes smart with unshed tears. She died in a car accident two years ago and it was from her memory we were running.

No matter how much stuff we crammed into our townhouse, the rooms still echoed with emptiness left behind with my mother's passing.

I glanced back one last time at the house we all shared and then got in on the passenger side. There was really no point in looking back again.

"And we're off," Dad said with a happy smile as he got behind the wheel and snapped his seatbelt in place.

Rather than respond, I turned so I could lean against the door and stare out the window.

I said nothing else as the familiar structures of the city gave
way to long expanses of trees on both sides of the highway, peppered now and then by an open field.

Once I got bored looking at trees and cornfields, I took out my notebook and started doodling. I could have been creative and wrote a poem or something to capture the moment, but I refused to compare the highway to
the journey of life or the path of fate in my life. That omission severely limited what I felt like writing about at the moment.

By the time we started veering toward the west; the cornfields disappeared and were replaced by rocky hills that were cut in half by the interstate.

We seemed to be going uphill, causing my ears to pop.
As we drove on, rugged trucks replaced sleek sedans. I didn't have much hope for urban entertainment when the exits off.

"Are you taking us to the middle of nowhere?" I asked, more to break the silence than any real interest.

"Hardly," Dad said with a chuckle as he flipped back some wayward strands of white hair.