Chapter :- 07

Yn pov :-

I was at my locker, trying to hurry before Isuel and Lia could catch me
and ask more questions. I had just shut the locker door and turned to leave when I saw Jeongguk. He was so perfect with the afternoon sun in his face, smiling with easy confidence that only popular people know.

He was like a Greek Godd.
As I was standing there, admiring the perfection of his existence, I thought about how the nape of his neck must smell like vanilla wafers. He stunned me by giving me a casual wave.

“See you tomorrow yn,” He called
out.

I could only stare after him. I knew I should say something, but couldn’t
form the words. He shrugged and kept walking. He was well down the hall before I could make my mouth work.

“See you tomorrow,” I whispered.

Great.

He must think I’m some sort of mental defect. I signed.

But The blush was still on my cheeks when I slammed my locker shut and left for home.

When I stepped into the garden A chill overtook me and I knew I was
home. I could hear the faint rustle of leaves in the breeze and the far off call of a raven. What a creepy sound.

Even in the daylight, the house seemed gloomy and waiting,
looming over the other houses on the street.

The sky was bright and shinning above the house, intense blue and burning, but it couldn’t reach the shadows of this house.

I went up the staircase and into my room. Setting my books on my desk,
I turned to the far corner of my room. There was nothing there, just a faint trace of dust particles dancing in the afternoon sun, but still I shivered.

I squinted my eyes, straining to see something, anything, but there was
nothing. Stepping into the center of my room, I starred up at the ceiling.

“Are you there?”
I whispered.

Nothing I turned in a slow circle, waiting for something to happen. Only minutes passed before I began to feel ridiculous.
“Okay yn,” I said to myself.
“It was only a dream, time to move on.”

I laughed at all  and walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. I felt a little saner as I walked toward the staircase, telling myself over and over that it was just a dream.

With that settled, I could let my mind wander back to the really important
detail of the day. Jeongguk spoke to me! I almost skipped down the stairs.

My footsteps echoed as I went from room to room looking for my dad. I
didn’t see him anywhere so I went into the kitchen to get a soft drink can from the old refrigerator.

Standing at the sink, I looked out the window into the backyard. It was beautiful, but wild.

It was so foreign to me, but to that other me, it seemed so natural and right, like this was something I did often. Someone was in that garden with that other version of me, saying something that made me turn to him.
In that tilting moment, I brought my hand up to shield my eyes from the
sun. I was trying to see the man that stood in the garden with me, just as the face was coming into focus it was distorted again, this time by a pair of that shiny eyes.

Everything blurred then as if I was spinning in circles. I couldn’t breathe!

I dropped my soft drink can and clutched the sink with both hands.

What was that?

I gasped for air, my skin clammy, as my teeth began to chatter. What was happening? Was I losing my mind?