Chapter 35

Under the glow of the setting sun, silver-haired Naruto leaned against the wall of Kuoh Academy, waiting for his date with Rias. He'd meticulously planned every detail, determined to give her the best date. As his female classmates passed, their gazes lingered on him, but Naruto's eyes were fixed on the approaching figure.

"Sorry, I'm late, Naruto-kun!" Rias' voice, soft and melodic, reached his ears. He turned, momentarily speechless at the vision before him. Rias had transformed herself with Grayfia's help. Her long crimson hair cascaded down her back, accented by two playful braids framing her face.

"W-Wow, Rias-chan, you look amazing!" Naruto stammered, his usual bravado momentarily forgotten.

Rias' lips curved into a satisfied smile. "Thank you, Naruto-kun. You don't look so bad yourself," she teased, taking in his simple yet stylish black t-shirt and jeans. He'd attempted to tame his silver hair, but it remained stubbornly rebellious.

Unsure of what to wear, Naruto had opted for his usual comfort. Rias, on the other hand, exuded elegance in her crimson dress. Her every movement was a captivating dance, and Naruto couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Ready to go?" Rias asked, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. Naruto, cheeks flushed, took her hand in his, the warmth spreading through him.

Their walk began with awkward silences, slowly dissolving into comfortable conversation. Unbeknownst to them, a gaggle of girls, including Akeno, Velzard, and Ravel, trailed behind, their reasons for spying ranging from jealousy to genuine concern.

The bustling amusement park became their destination. The vibrant atmosphere mirrored the excitement bubbling within Naruto. He won Rias a giant cotton candy, which she playfully shared with him, their laughter echoing between the rides. They went from game to game, his competitive spirit shining through but always ensuring Rias enjoyed herself.

Suddenly, Rias' eyes lit up, drawn to a giant, black fox plushie. Naruto, mirroring her excitement, knew he had to win it for her. The owner, a man with a greasy grin, watched them approach, his gaze lingering on Rias a little too long.

The game seemed simple – knock down three cups stacked precariously. Naruto, brimming with confidence, threw the ball. It struck the cups with a satisfying smash, sending them tumbling. Cheers erupted from the crowd, but the owner's face contorted in disbelief.

"You want the fox, kid?" he sneered, exploiting a technicality – Naruto's foot had crossed the line by a hair's breadth. Frustration flared in Naruto, but he remained focused on the prize.

Round two commenced. This time, Naruto threw the ball with more force, the speed blurring it to the naked eye. The cups exploded on impact, the ball embedding itself in the wall behind. Rias squealed with delight while the owner's face turned pale.

However, the man refused to concede, resorting to trickery. He replaced the cups with heavier, rigged ones. Naruto, oblivious to the deceit, threw the ball again. It smashed two cups, but the third remained stubbornly upright. Fury bubbled within him, but Rias stepped forward before he could unleash it.

Her crimson eyes blazed with indignation. With a swift movement, she slammed her hand onto the wooden stand, the force cracking it. The crowd gasped, and even Naruto recoiled slightly at the unexpected display of power.

"Give us the fox," Rias demanded, her voice laced with steel, "or I'll tear this entire shop apart."

The owner, intimidated by the fiery Rias, quickly surrendered. The rest of the evening was a whirlwind of joy. They strolled hand-in-hand, their laughter ringing out. Naruto continued to win Ria's prizes, her magic discreetly storing them away.

Lunch turned into a battle against overly flirtatious servers, which Rias hilariously curbed with a daring public display of affection. The afternoon saw them exploring an otaku shop, Rias indulging in her love for cosplay. Naruto nearly suffered a nosebleed when she donned a revealing sailor uniform, leaving little to the imagination.

Their adventures continued – an aquarium, a game center, a movie, a rollercoaster... even a lingerie shop (much to Naruto's embarrassment). Every moment was a memory etched in their hearts.

Naruto and Rias found themselves nestled in a cabin on the Ferris wheel as the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in fiery hues. The slow ascent provided a breathtaking view of the city sprawled beneath them.

"Thank you, Naruto-kun," Rias whispered, the giant fox plushie nestled in her arms. "This has been the best day of my life," she finished, her smile brighter than the streaks of orange and pink in the sunset.

Naruto beamed back, his chest swelling with pride. "Seeing you happy makes it all worth it," he replied, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face.

The silence that followed wasn't awkward but comfortable, filled with the unspoken language of their shared experience. The city lights began to twinkle below, painting a magical scene that mirrored the blossoming feelings in their hearts.

Suddenly, the cabin lurched to a stop at the peak of the Ferris wheel. The world stretched before them, a breathtaking panorama bathed in the golden light of the setting sun.

"It's beautiful," she murmured, leaning closer to Naruto.

He nodded, unable to tear his gaze away from her. Her eyes sparkled with a newfound emotion, and a blush dusted her cheeks. Naruto felt a similar warmth creeping up his neck.

Taking a deep breath, he blurted out, "I... I had a great time today."

Her smile widened. "Me too, Naruto. It was... unforgettable."

Their eyes locked, a silent conversation passing between them. The unspoken question hung heavy in the air.

"Would you like to do this again sometime?" Naruto finally asked, his voice barely a whisper.

A playful glint entered her eyes. "Maybe," she teased, a hint of a smile dancing on her lips.

Naruto's heart sank, but she continued before he could voice his disappointment, "How about next weekend? There's a new ramen place I've been dying to try."

Relief washed over him, followed by a surge of excitement. "Ramen sounds perfect," he declared, a genuine smile returning.

As the Ferris wheel began its descent, Naruto knew this was just the beginning. The date might be over, but the memory – and the spark that ignited between them – would stay with him forever.

---------------------

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

The next chapter is about Kyoto.

Signing out peace,

Nouhith.