11 years old

We had two new girls come to school at the start of this year! And the AMAZING news was, that they BOTH joined my friend group! Now I have 3 friends! 

1. Brandy. Friend of 6 years now! Kind, loyal, shy, likes music and art. 

2. Wendy. Chow chow. Boss girl, don't mess with her. But she's also very sweet and open minded. Mature, but childish at heart. Likes fashion and yoga. 

3. Goldie. Golden retriever. Kind, very extroverted, and AMAZING. It's like you want to be around her all the time! I don't know if that's just me. Likes sports (Specifically rugby and soccer).

Today, we were all going to watch Goldie's rugby game. Cayenne decided to take all of us herself (HOW NICE IS SHE?!). Wendy was showing Brandy a new hairstyle she found on the internet, and I was watching Goldie. 

"GO THE SERPENTS!!!!", we all cheered. It was so much fun! Goldie looked really cool and determined in her uniform! When she scored a try, Wendy, Brandy, and I all cheered as loud as we could, making Goldie laugh. When Goldie laughed, it was like a million butterflies floating in front of me! 

After the game, I gave Goldie a new rugby for when she practices at home. When her face lit up, I think my tail wagged so hard it almost fell off!. I thought today couldn't be ruined. But I was definitely wrong. 

Cayenne dropped me home. 

I practically skipped through the door! But then my mum told me to sit down at the table. When she tells me to sit at the table, it's usually for a family chat, but my dad was still away on his work holiday. 

"Calypso. I think you need to change your friendship group.", she said. WHAT was wrong with The Cool Dogz?! (That's what we call ourselves). Almost as if my mum read my mind, she continued. 

"They're just too... different."

There it is. The word I've heard a million times too many. 

"I don't want my ambitious, clever daughter hanging out with an artist, a fashionista, and an athlete! They're not going to het anywhere in life, and they're certainly not going to help you!!", she explained. 

I just buried the conversation deep inside me, and went to get ready for bed. 

But there was one part of the conversation that I buried so far inside in my head, that I would hopefully never remember it. But the thing was... it was the part I remembered the most. 

It was when my mum had said: "And stop eating so much. You're getting fat!"

And that was where it all started...