CHAPTER 3: A Taste of Magic

Mr. Haw's PoV

As my identity got revealed by the moon's enchanting glow, I sensed an intent to kill from the kid. I got goosebumps all over my body and before I knew it, his fist was already in front of my face. But I thank myself for not casting off my wisdom eye spell as I easily dodge his elephant punch. I knew he was surprised by my move but his determination to end me didn't even faze as he continued to charge at me.

Zaner's PoV

My blood boiled after knowing that the man in front of me was the reason why I am in hell for the past few months. I couldn't help but to quickly throw a punch in his face but I didn't feel anything. It was as if I punched nothingness. The next thing I knew he was already behind me.

"Nice punch, kid," he chuckled, his voice tinged with amusement.

"It has good speed and a well-balanced weight, but not enough to reach me." As he spoke, the air crackled with tension, the echo of the punch reverberating through the space between us. My heart pounded in my chest, a mix of frustration and determination fueling my next move.

I continued to throw a bunch of punches at him but none of it hit. The trees were falling one after another caused by the impact of the punches I threw, but I still couldn't land a direct hit. It was as if he was vanishing into thin air in his place every time I gave offense.

I became puzzled once again because, how? I'm pretty confident with my strength right now! So how..? How did he evade my attack?

As my body grew tired from his evasions, I decided to give my all to this one punch that would surely hit him. With a force that seemed to defy the laws of physics, my fist surged forward like a cannonball unleashed from a mighty warship. The air around it crackled with raw energy, and a shockwave rippled through the atmosphere as it hurtled towards its target. Every muscle in my body coiled with pent-up power, my entire being focused on this singular moment.

Time seemed to slow as my fist made contact, a blinding burst of light erupting from the collision. Sparks flew like stars in the night sky, illuminating the battlefield with a breathtaking display of power. The force of the punch was so immense that it seemed to warp reality itself, bending space and time to its will.

But in an instant, he ended it by seizing my fist with his bare hand.

"W-wha-" My mind raced, disbelief flooding my thoughts as I struggled to comprehend what had just happened.

"As I said, it's not enough to end me." A sly grin formed on his lips, taunting me with his confidence.

"Let go of my hand!" I stammered, my muscles tensing as I tried to break free from his grasp. "How is your strength greater than mine?? I mean, I'm pretty confident that I've trained my physical self to hold my ground in a one-on-one fight, even against some beasts!" I said while my fist was still in his grasp.