Chapter 17

' Lies '

Evara

For once in my life, never I had thought that I'd be isolated from my mother, held hostage by someone I barely even knew about and kiss the stranger just to see my mother..

The reality Arick had shown me was way more worse than my imagination. The perfect world I've been living in was just a fraction of a dream, there's nothing called perfect.. it was faux, a lie to begin with.

But, why me?

What did I even do to make my life worse than a nightmare?

I didn't lie,
I was nice to everyone,
I never broke someone's heart,
I was never a bad daughter.

Then.. why?
Am I not supposed to deserve at least a bit of happiness?

I snuggled more into my mother's warm embrace as the thoughts were on the verge of bursting my mind.
Mom massaged my scalps in a slow pace, and the knot around my head loosened.

At least, the hospital was treating my mom with great care. Mom told me that every day a physiotherapist makes her do different exercises to gain muscle control. A special massage for her whole body was conducted  every tuesday.

I was grateful for it..

"Ma'am?"
A nurse popped her head inside with a gentle smile and entered with a tray containing some medicines. I sat straight.

"Oh! Naira.. Meet my daughter Evara."
Mom introduced her and we both exchanged a smile.

"Ma'am, it's time.. for your medicine" Naira deliberately paused before finishing off her sentence with a bright smile, while she gave me a look. Pleading me through her eyes.

I broke out in sweat, avoiding her gaze completely.

Arick must've sent her.. to remind me that the one hour he gave me so mercifully has come to an end. Just thinking about it makes my heart ache, how he toyed me and enjoyed my vulnerable state.

Like a psycho-- a sadist.

"It went over by half."

My eyes widened in horror when Naira announced in a bit high pitch, on the pretext of checking mom's blood pressure. Mom frowned and exchanged looks with Naira and me, I faked cough and stood up abruptly.

"M-Mom.. I need to go now..."

"Oh! Do you have to? Can't you stay for today?"

Mom said sweetly, I gulped trying to hold back my tears, when I saw Naira hastily approaching the door.

Oh no! She's going to tell Arick!

"No.. Uh-.. Prity will not be available tomorrow so I have to take her shift too... Maybe next time.."

"Oh!"
Mom frowned but still nodded in understanding.
"Give me a hug." Mom added and pulled me onto her.

My throat ached from holding back tears, I fake coughed again to suppress the sobs.

"Bye.. take care."

"You too."

I waved at her, forcing the tears back with a tight smile. I burst out the door, nearly missing an inch from bumping into a pissed off Arick.

..
..
..

I've thought about a million ways to stall my stay about a while ago, but now I stood tongue tied, scared and stressed.