Stray

Completed - but may be edited. Mainly cause this is my first story ever. 344 words

It was 3:27pm as my friends and I were walking home from school. While we were walking home it began to pour. Jack heard a whining like sound coming from a nearby sewer drain so we went to check it out. We didn't see anything in the drain at first so we got up and began walking away, but before we could get far we heard it again. This time Lilly and jack went into the sewer to check it out as I stood there as look out. When they had come up they had 3 dogs with them each only about 6 weeks old without a mother insight. The dogs were a lovely shade of gold there were two females and one male. The dogs were all very skinny and one kept coughing and was limping. Lilly and I knew look we couldn't keep them but jack was coming up with names like; chip, Jacob, and jack JR. "Jack stop coming up with names you know we can't keep them." Stated Lilly in an annoyed tone. Jack looking disappointed said, "yea but..they don't have to know, right Mia?" I was confused at why he had mentioned me and in a state of shock I said yes. Therefore we decided to take the dogs home, Lilly and jack took the dogs because my dad was allergic to them.

The next day as we were walking to school we saw a young girl no more than 8 years old looking around. Lilly went up to her and asked what her was wrong. "I- I lost m- my dogs" the girl stated. Jack and I looked at each other knowing that we had taken them. Lilly tried to comfort the girl and avoid suspicion because, she didn't want to give the dogs up even though they knew they couldn't keep them. Suddenly the girl began to leave for a moment we were confused until we saw a bright yellow bus appear. We then realized if we hadn't hurried we would be late to school.