VI

As she sat in her chamber, the soft glow of candlelight casting shadows across the room, she couldn't shake the excitement that coursed through her veins. Her thoughts were consumed by Boothill, his image burned into her mind like a flame that refused to be extinguished.

With trembling fingers, she smoothed out the fabric of her dress, her heart racing with anticipation at the thought of seeing him again. Each moment apart felt like an eternity, and the longing in her chest grew stronger with every passing second.

As she stole a glance out the window, the moon hung low in the sky, casting a silver sheen over the palace grounds below. It was the perfect cover for her clandestine rendezvous, a cloak of secrecy that would shield them from prying eyes.

With a silent determination, she rose from her seat and made her way to the door, her footsteps echoing softly in the quiet of the night. Each step brought her closer to Boothill, closer to the forbidden love that beckoned her like a siren's song.

And as she slipped out into the cool night air, her pulse quickened with the thrill of the unknown. She knew the risks of defying convention, of pursuing a love that society deemed unacceptable. But in that moment, none of it mattered. All that mattered was the promise of being with Boothill, of feeling his arms around her and his lips on hers once more. And with that thought fueling her determination, she set off into the night, ready to embrace whatever fate had in store.

"I'll be back soon, Adelaine."

"Oh... um... dear? You aren't sneaking out to see that... ahem outlaw are you?"

"Adelaine... please. I'm sorry for trying to put my happiness first. You've watched me grow up and you know it's unusual for me to feel like this. Please, if you care about me, just don't tell my dad..." she looked over to her maid with a sense of sorrow in her eyes.

"...I know this makes you happy, dear. But this is a huge risk."

"Not if nobody knows. And you won't be the one to tell them."

"Alright... I'll tell him you're... in the bath or something."

"Thank you, Adelaine." She gave her maid a sheepish hug, opening the patio windows and walking off into the darkness that previously engulfed the day.

"...Oh, be careful." Adelaine sighed, watching her walk away into the night.

...

"Adelaine? Who are you talking to?" Another butler... specifically the kings, emerged. "Aren't you supposed to be with y/n?"

"Ah... she's in the bath and... I was singing to myself."

He gave her a look of distrust before sighing and walking away. "Alright." He closed the door behind him, as Adelaine began to continue sweeping the floor, hoping for y/n to be okay on her rendezvous with the outlaw.

...

As she approached their secret meeting spot, her heart pounded with a mixture of excitement and nervous anticipation. The moon cast a soft, ethereal glow over the landscape, bathing everything in a silver light that seemed to shimmer with promise.

With each step she took, she couldn't shake the feeling of butterflies fluttering in her stomach, a tangible reminder of the forbidden thrill of meeting Boothill under the cover of night. Her mind raced with thoughts of him – his crooked smile, the way his eyes sparkled when he looked at her, the warmth of his touch – all of it sending a thrill of electricity coursing through her veins.

Finally, she reached the secluded clearing where they had agreed to meet, and her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him waiting for her. Boothill stood tall and strong, his silhouette outlined against the moonlit sky, a vision of rugged masculinity that took her breath away.