VII

!¡ mild smut towards the end - but it's v mild.

"So that's the girl you mentioned before... she's a princess, huh?" His friend laughed to himself, fastening the button of his jacket suit. "I'm telling you, Ali, you need to get with her. She's a princess."

"A pretty one. Her parents want her to marry me, as-well."

"A win for you."

"But she was dancing with someone at the ball. I didn't catch a glimpse very well but, they went off together..."

"He's probably just some broke loser anyway. You have money. She's bound to fall for you."

Ali chuckled to himself. "She won't have a choice."

...

"Are you sure this isn't crazy?" She laughed to herself. "My parents never allowed me to drink."

"Hold your pretty horses. Welcome to my little slice of paradise, darlin'," he murmurs, his voice low and husky as he pulls her closer to him. "I reckon we could use a bit of excitement, don't you?"

As they settled into their booth, Boothill flagged down the bartender and ordered a couple of drinks for them. With a twinkle in his eye, he turned to her and asked, "So, darlin', what'll it be? Whiskey straight up or something a bit fancier?"

She chuckled softly, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Whatever is strongest," she replied, her voice laced with a hint of mischief. "Straight up, just like you."

Boothill grinned at her response, a playful glint in his eyes. "You know me too well, darlin'," he said, passing her a glass of whiskey before raising his own in a silent toast. "Cheers to that... forbidden yip yap."

"To... forbidden... yap," she echoed, clinking her glass against his before taking a sip of her drink, a faint of a smile glossed in pink.

As they sat together, the warmth of the whiskey spreading through their veins, Boothill couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over him. Here, in this moment, surrounded by the familiar sights and sounds of the saloon, he felt at peace. And as he looked into her eyes, he knew that he was exactly where he was meant to be.

As the night wore on and the hustle and bustle of the saloon began to fade into the background, Boothill and her found themselves lost in conversation, their voices low and intimate as they shared their hopes, dreams, and fears.

"Sometimes I wonder what the future holds for us," Boothill admitted, his gaze fixed on her with a mixture of vulnerability and determination.... And obvious love. "I mean, we're living in a world that's not exactly friendly to folks like us."

She nodded in understanding, her expression thoughtful. "I know what you mean," she replied, her voice soft but resolute. "But I refuse to let fear dictate our lives. We may face challenges and obstacles along the way, but as long as we have each other, I believe we can overcome anything."

Boothill's heart swelled with emotion at her words, a sense of gratitude washing over him. "Real way with words, darlin'," he said, reaching out to take her hand in his. "Never failin' to set me off."

And as they sat there together, hand in hand, they both knew that no matter what trials and tribulations lay ahead, they would face them with courage, resilience, and unwavering love. For in each other, they had found not only a partner, but a kindred spirit, a soulmate who understood them in a way that no one else ever could.