Chapter 2: Sector 7 Slums

The next morning:

Y/N's House:

Y/N's POV:

I'm in my house brushing my teeth after eating breakfast.

Knock, knock, knock.

I hear knocking on my door.

Y/N: Hm?

Knock, knock, knock.

???: (muffled) Y/N. You in there?

Recognizing the voice on the other side, I spit out the toothpaste and turn to the door.

Y/N: (curious) Tifa? What does she want?

I walk to the door. I open it to see...

Tifa: (smiles) Morning, Y/N.

Y/N: Morning, Tifa. What's up?

Tifa: I came to get you. It's almost time to open up.

Y/N: (shocked) Shit. Is it that time already?

Tifa: (nods) Yes. Now, go get your stuff.

I go upstairs and grab my gear. Then, I come back down and approach Tifa.

Tifa: Ready?

Y/N: (nods) More or less.

Tifa: Great. Then let's go.

She grabs my hand and practically drags me outside. She closes my door, and we start walking to Seventh Heaven.

Y/N's Mind: Another day, another shift at Seventh Heaven.

Tifa looks around to make sure no one else is around. She pulls me aside to an out of view place.

Tifa: Hey, Y/N?

Y/N: What's up?

Tifa: (uneasy) I... heard about what happened...

Y/N: (guilty) Yeah. I guess at this point everyone does...

Tifa: (uneasy) You and Jessie worked on that bomb all day yesterday. What could've gone wrong?

Y/N: (conflicted) Honestly. I was hoping to talk to Jessie about it later. Personally, I think it was because of the amount and strength of the blasting agent that was used. Or it could've been the wiring.

Tifa: (uneasy) ...

Y/N: (concerned) Tifa...?

Tifa: (conflicted) Tell me, Y/N... Do you think we're doing the right thing?

Y/N: (curious) What do you mean?

Tifa: (conflicted) I mean... The day our group split from HQ, we stopped doing what the higher ups at HQ said, and we started doing our own thing.

Y/N: (nods) Yeah?

Tifa: We split from them because some of our members, specifically Barret and Jessie, tends to get pretty violent.

Y/N: True... But not all of us are like that. Biggs and I are pretty neutral. While you and Wedge are more like wholesome pacifists.

Tifa: (blushes) I-I wouldn't go 'that' far.