chapter one . . . parting ways

─────────────────────────────CHAPTER ONE: PARTING WAYS    "Yeah totally

CHAPTER ONE: PARTING WAYS
    "Yeah totally. It's not like I got a choice."
SEPTEMBER 11TH 1977
─────────────────────────────

    Matteo was lying to himself if he wasn't nervous to go back to school

    Matteo was lying to himself if he wasn't nervous to go back to school. As he bit the inside of his cheeks as his anxiety swam through him like the ocean waves crashing to the shore.

    "You're alright?" William asked, looking at his younger brother's concern.

    "Not really." Matteo sighed as William held his hand trying to comfort whatever was bothering him.

    "Go ahead tell me." He told him but Matteo didn't want to as he thought he was going to bother his brother. Since it was always the same old problems he was having throughout the school year.

    "You aren't going to bother me a bit if that is what you are worried about. Beside that what siblings are for, spilling our problems to each other when we need to." William reassures Matteo seeing how stressed out his brother is as he smiles at him. Matteo searched for any lie in William's eyes but he couldn't find any which he was definitely relieved from.

    "It's just that people tend to make a big deal with me being a prince and all. When the first year comes around they all come asking if I am the prince or whatever. Which I am grateful for but really I don't like the attention much." Matteo explained as all William could do was bring him into a hug trying to comfort him as much he can at least.

    "It's going to be alright. The first couple days could feel like torture but it would slow down as time go as you told me before." William said as he let go of his brother.

    "Besides, it will get better since it's your last year in Hogwarts." William added trying to cheer up Matteo but he could tell it wasn't working.

    "It's not only that. What am I going to do after Hogwarts? I don't want to be the face of the world once I get out of school. I don't want to do more public speeches then I have to now and besides I have to hide the fact I am a wizard. This is all just so stressful." Matteo complained but it was really reasonable as he knew his life wasn't going to get any easier from here.

     "And it's never going to get easier and that's alright. I could speak to mum and dad about it and maybe you can take a job in the magic world." William told him as they let go of each other's hands.

    As they both got out of the car and headed inside Kings Cross station. As they walked between platform 9 and 10 looking around to make sure no one was staring at them.

    "Ready?" William asked, holding onto the trolley with a smile on his face.

    "Yeah totally. It's not like I got a choice." Matteo answered as William chuckled to his response.

    "I mean you do but I don't think you would like royal duties." William added as Matteo stood there thinking how life would be if he didn't go to Hogwarts. Maybe his anxiety would be cured or he would have never had anxiety to begin with but it was just a dream for him. Or another life where he lives his life carefree and not having to worry about anything.

    "You're right I wouldn't like it one bit. Let go." Matteo agreed as they looked at the brown brick wall as they held onto the trolley.

    As Matteo and William both ran toward the brown brick wall they easily slipped through it. They both smiled at each other.

    "Well I guess this is where I leave you." William said letting go of the trolley.

    "Make sure to take care of yourself, if you ever need someone to talk to write to me and I will stay up day or night to get your letter. So I can reply right away." William told him as Matteo hugged him ever so tightly. He was extremely grateful for his brother as he couldn't imagine how his life would be without William with him.

    "You have to take care of yourself too. I don't want to see you sick again when I come home for Christmas break." Matteo added as William nodded his head as they let go of each other.

    "Now go on before you seriously miss the train." William said, wiping his eyes trying to contain his tears.

🕰️ •°. *࿐ VENUS IS TALKING !

   I am deeply sorry for the late chapter. As my brain was trying to formulate the first chapter but here it is finally. Family problems over for now so more chapter coming soon by me lol.

   Let me know how this chapter is and if I need to reword anything else to sound more British because I am not as talented American. With changing my wording 💀 and also I was speed writing lol it night time for me.

   Anyway luv you all! 🫶

My allgeries are taking me away because they are a pain.