~Chapter Sixteen~

(Sophie's POV)

It was finally Sunday, and Keefe had decided to take me to the interview, just because he needed emotional support. We're bringing the pink gulon with us, too.

"You nervous, Foster?" Keefe asked as Sophie struggled to find the right outfit.

"Sorta. I mean, I've never been on the news before." Sophie mumbled. "I just hope I'm not too embarrassing for you."

"Oh, Foster, nobody cares. Nobody who matters, anyway." Keefe winked as he said it, making Sophie blush.

"Which one?" She held up a maroon-colored shirt and a lavender one. Keefe tapped his chin, and then pointed to the maroon one.

"Red looks good on you. It'll make you look hotter." Keefe teased. Sophie rolled her eyes.

"You're ridiculous." She muttered.

"And rougishly handsome. And just generally awesome." Keefe added. Sophie sighed. Then she glanced up at his hair, which looked more messed up than usual.

(She could normally tell if he had slept well due to the state of his hair)

"Hmm... Looks like you didn't sleep well." Sophie noted. Keefe looked guilty. "Want me to make you look nice for once?"

"Hey," Keefe corrected. "I always look good. But... If it'll make you stop worrying about me... I guess you can touch my hair. Just this once."

"Okay, deal. You won't regret it." Sophie replied with a smile.

(A couple minutes later)

Keefe's eyes widened at Sophie's work. She had put water in Keefe's hair, dried it again, and used a blow drier to make it an absolute masterpiece.

"Wow. This looks better than what I've been doing." Keefe mumbled, running his fingers through his hair as he checked her work. Sophie grinned.

"Told ya! You should let me do your hair every day." Sophie pointed out.

"Possibly..." He paused. "What should I wear?" Keefe asked.

"Oh, I don't know anything about clothes. You're good at that part." Sophie admitted. Keefe laughed. When they were both ready, Sophie helped Keefe adjust his bow tie, and Keefe rolled her towards the interview.

"No fair... You get to be pushed, and I have to walk up this giant hill." Keefe complained. Sophie giggled.

"You play college basketball, dude. You run for more than three hours." Sophie noted. Keefe shrugged.

"Maybe. But that's because there's competition. It's not like I can compete with you, running up this hill. You can't even walk." Keefe mumbled. Sophie grinned at how desperately tired he was acting. It was pretty adorable.

"You're so cute when you're tired and vulnerable." Sophie whispered. Keefe gasped and stopped the wheelchair.

"Are you flirting with me?" Keefe asked. Sophie blushed.

"Maybe."

"You totally are." And Keefe was still grinning as they finally got into the air-conditioned plaza building, where a bunch of reporters were waiting in a board room.

"Keefe Sencen, is this your girlfriend?" The first reporter asked. Keefe glanced at Sophie, and when she gave him 'the look' he said,

"Yes."

"How long have you been together?" Another reporter asked.

"About three days." Keefe mumbled.

"How do you feel about the win on Friday?" 

"Pretty good. Foster was an amazing supporter." He grinned at Sophie.

"Is that her name? Foster?" Another reporter pressed.

"Sophie Foster." Sophie jumped in. Keefe and Sophie grinned.