~Chapter Thirty~

(Hey, guys! So, I'm on a school computer and they don't like the fact that I'm on Wattpad, so they keep blocking me from this website! That's why sometimes the updates might be slow cause I'm trying to get past these blockers. Hope you enjoy this one, though!)

(Keefe's POV)

"But..." I stammered. "Why?"

"Maybe we just need some space. Then we can... Get back in our rhythm." Sophie mumbled.

"I just saved your life!" I exclaimed. "This is how you're gonna reward me?!"

"Keefe, I don't think you're making this any easier for me. I don't wanna be away from you, and I don't wanna break up with you. That's not what this is. But... I think I need some space." Sophie said quietly. "That's my choice. Not yours."

I felt like I had just been struck.

"I can't." I whispered. "I can't do it. Not after how many times I thought I'd never see you again."

Sophie's face softened, stroking my cheek.

"I love you. But... Maybe we just need to have some time to ourselves and think about it. I promise, I'll have a decision by next week. But... For now..." She smiled sadly at me. "We need to be away from each other."

"Why?! Aren't you supposed to be the love of my life? That's how it works! You choose each other and stay with each other." I begged.

"I don't think you understand what I'm trying to do here. Keefe, I don't wanna be away from you, but it's going to strengthen us, I promise. So... Do it for me. Can you do that?" Sophie asked. I sighed heavily.

"Fine. But you owe me elf-shaped cookies." I muttered. Sophie smiled, making my heart flutter.

How was I supposed to be away from her when she made me feel so... Free?

"Hey, stupid." Biana said. "Kiss her."

"She just said she wants to take a break!" I exclaimed. "Women are so confusing."

"Hey, I have extra sharp heels today, and I'm not afraid to use them." Biana warned. I sighed.

"Dude, did you seriously not get the signal yet?" Biana asked after a moment of silence where I had expected to say goodbye to her.

"What signal?" I asked.

"She just signaled you to kiss her, you idiot!" Biana exclaimed.

"There are signals? How do I not know this?!" I complained.

"Just do it!" Biana said. Then I leaned down and kissed her for what might be the last time, if she didn't want to be with me again.

"Did that change your mind?" I asked hopefully. "Cause I have much more to offer." Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Nope. We're still taking a break. You can stop dreaming about it." Sophie replied with a smirk. "Also, we really need to get you to learn those signals."

"I know, right?" Biana jumped in.

*************************************************************

(Sophie's POV)

I'm immediately starting to regret being away from Keefe. He made my whole day, and now I dropped the poor guy on his butt, and I feel guilty.

"Girl, you gotta start playing truth or dare with me and Tam. It's so fun." Biana said.

"You mean the guy who brings out the lunches?" I asked, still laying in my hospital bed. I had to stay for one more night, apparently for observation.

"He brings out the lunches?" Biana pressed. I nodded.

"He's pretty nice. Just emo." I paused. "Do you have a crush?"

"No!" Biana exclaimed, a little too quickly. I smirked.

"You totally do." I decided. "That's so sweet." Biana blushed.

"Like you didn't just kiss your boyfriend in front of your parents." Biana countered. Then it was my turn to blush super hard.

"They know we're taking a break..." I mumbled. "But, anyway, thanks for having a hospital sleepover with me tonight."

"My pleasure, bestie." Biana said. "Also, by the way, if Keefe gives you any more trouble, tell him I'm gonna beat the crap out of him with my heels. And I can use my karate skills." She did an impressive spin-kick, and I laughed.

"Don't worry, I think I'm gonna do that to him instead, just for fun." I teased. Biana grinned.

"You can barely walk properly!" Biana replied with a smirk. I threw my pillow at her, and it hit her smack-dab in the face. She looked so shocked I burst into laughter.

Then Biana hit me with the pillow back, and my eyes narrowed.

"You wanna play that game, princess? Bring it on!" I shouted, holding up my pillow. Biana picked up her own with a competitive look on her face.

"Alright, clumsy, let's do this!"

(Aww... Such a good friendship)

Hope that was a satisfying chapter! Once again, I'll try to post as much as possible but it's getting kinda harder each day because of many factors. Thanks for all these viewers!! It means so much! (Please keep commenting, I love looking at them when I'm bored)

Question of the day:

What's your favorite Elvin treat?

Okay, that's all for today, y'all!

Team Foster-Keefe for the win!!! :)

-SilvenySlays