~Chapter Twenty-Nine~

(Sophie's POV)

I am gonna be dead. And I won't be able to say goodbye to Keefe. I thought I'd have that moment, when I was in the ambulance. But now...

"Please. I need Keefe. I need to tell him..." Her voice cracked, and she broke into sobs again, Biana hugging her tightly. It was almost like she was trying to hold the pieces of her together.

"Why does that boy keep running away?!" Grady shouted from the hallway. Edaline was trying to calm him down.

"Grady, you need to stop!" Edaline exclaimed. "You're just upsetting her more!"

"It's the truth! He's making my daughter break down in tears in the last moments of her life, and he's abandoned her!" Grady yelled. "If I ever see him again..."

"If you ever see me again?" A voice behind him prompted. Sophie's vision was blurred from tears but she could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Keefe?" Sophie whispered in disbelief. "Oh, you stupid little-" She was cut off by Keefe hugging her.

"I don't think you wanna finish that sentence." Keefe said with a sad smile as he held up the antidote. Sophie's eyes widened.

Then Keefe dumped the antidote down her throat.

************************************************************

(Keefe's POV)

Sophie's face went from shocked to disgusted as she coughed and heaved, and people yelled at me for making her choke. But then... She stilled. Her stare was completely blank.

"Foster?" I whispered, scared of what was coming.

"What's happening?" Biana asked as Sophie started trembling like it was cold.

"I'm not sure. It's supposed to be an antidote." Keefe mumbled, checking the vial. Yep. It said: Poison Antidote.

"Cold..." Sophie said through shivers. Edaline pulled Sophie's blankets up, and when she felt her forehead, it was burning hot.

"Did you just give her a fever?!" Grady demanded, his face twisting into hard lines.

"It was to save her life!" Keefe shouted back. "Don't you understand that?"

Grady looked like he had just been slapped in the face.

"I already told Sophie I'm not letting you date her." Grady whispered, and it felt like Keefe had just been slapped back. "And now you're never gonna see her again."

**********************************************************

(Sophie's POV)

Everything felt cold. Everything.

There wasn't any warmth.

Except for one corner. It was the corner with all my memories.

I had been there many times, but this time... It felt different.

The colors from the memories had brightened. They felt more... Alive.

But things were becoming harder to handle. Because the shivering around me was getting so strong, it was snuffing out the warmth of the memories. Then... The cold faded.

Everything was back to normal. But I still wasn't free.

I was conscious, I could hear everything, but... I also wasn't there. Like my brain was somewhere else, but my body was with them.

It felt so wrong.

So I shoved at every corner of my consciousness I could.

It knocked a memory loose.

The memory of Keefe fighting with my own father.

Wait. It wasn't a memory.

It was happening right now.

I focused on the scene, hoping it would snap me back to reality.

"You don't get to decide if you date my daughter, I do!" Grady shouted.

"You don't get to decide if I love her! And I love her more than anyone else in the world." Keefe said, his voice softening as he glanced at me. "She can't be gone just because you're afraid."

Grady froze.

"I'm not afraid." Grady whispered. "You're afraid."

"I'm afraid of losing her, so of course I'm gonna do everything I can to save her!" Keefe shouted. "You're just not willing."

"Boys, stop this!" Edaline and Biana exclaimed. "She wouldn't want this."

"You're right." I jumped in. "I wouldn't."

"Oh, Foster..." Keefe whispered, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry. I just..."

"No, I'm sorry." I interrupted. "I never should've kissed you."

"What?" Keefe asked, his shock written clearly on his face. "Why?"

"It messed everything up. Maybe that means..." She sighed. "Maybe that means we're not meant to be."

(DUN DUN DUNNNN!!)

Question of the day:

SOKEEFE or SOSINGLE?!?

Okay, that's all for today!

TEAM FOSTER-KEEFE FOR THE WIN!!! :)

-SilvenySlays