chapter three

It was now lunch time and Jisung was quickly making his way over to the lunch room, pacing through the empty school corridors. Their teacher for Korean, Mr Park had decided that the first day of junior was a good time to speak with him. And by speaking, he means a lecture. Last year, Jisung and Jeongin had sat next to each other and couldn't stop talking, so, that pretty much soured things between Mr Park and Jisung. He'd basically been going on how he hoped that junior year would be a year of 'redemption' for all the shenanigans the year before. Jisung had rolled his eyes as soon as he turned his back away from his teacher and left the classroom. He was quickly texting his friends on his phone and wasn't really focused on anything else; but that didn't really matter because everyone had already fled to the lunch room.

Jisung decided to change the group chat's name from the chick, puppy, fox and squirrel squad <3 as since it was a new year, so essentially a new life. He edited the name to fried chicken central <3, knowing it would piss off Jeongin and Seungmin but would melt Felix's heart. The second as he saved the new group chat name, he felt his sneaker step on what felt like a book.

He looked down and saw that it was a science textbook for junior year science. The boy decided to open it to see whose name was written on it so he could return it. But, the second he found out who the book belonged to, Jisung was so set on taking that book and whacking himself in the head with it.

In purple pen, was the name Lee Minho.

"Seriously?" Jisung groaned. Are you kidding me? Was all that was repeating in jisung's mind. Like what were the chances of this even happening. "What is this? Some kind of k drama?" Jisung rolled his eyes and clutched the book against his chest.

What does he do? Leave it there? It's got his name written on it so obviously someone would return it, right?
But then Jisung remembered that would be the last thing anyone who knew Minho and his friends would do.

They were said to be so beautiful but described as so cold and unfeeling that no one ever dared to go near them. Their classmates were terrified of how they would react if they went near them if they did something out of pure kindness. So they just got a teacher to do it. It was kinda depressing in Jisung's opinion.

Now, Jisung was starting to get quite conflicted. What should he do? He didn't find Minho scary - in fact, scary wasn't even the right word to describe him. Mysterious, yes. But not scary. Despite the fact that whenever he was so close to Minho, goosebumps had erupted on his skin under his blue hoodie. 

Still, he decided that it wouldn't hurt to return the book to Minho. Honestly, it would look a bit pathetic if he asked a teacher to do it when in reality, he was more than capable of doing it himself. Also, what was the worst that could happen? Minho grow long claws and start chasing Jisung around the cafeteria like some maniac?

As he was getting closer to the cafeteria, Jisung felt his phone buzz in his trouser pocket and he got it out with his right hand since his left arm was holding Minho's textbook. He noticed it was a text from the newly named group chat and he could sense what it was about and unlocked his phone.

fried chicken central <3

minnie my love
ahem mr han jisung
what is this new name for our group chat??

jisung
read it bitch it's fried chicken central <3

little jeongin
yk you're literally encouraging felix hyung to attack us with fried chicken in the future now right
we're all doomed how could you hyung?

yongbokie
ahem. correction. you and seungmin are doomed innie. I wouldn't dare hurt the one who helped me.
love you sungie