[ "I have to do something." ]

[ SUBSPACE'S POV. ]

God.  I've been trying to find out how to get Biograft to finally gain sentience.  I feel bad for them.  Someone who Isn't sentient, but has to carry out a mission!  Poor thing. 

"HELLO, CREATOR."

I jumped a bit from the sudden, loud, robotic voice that came from behind me.  I turn around to see one of my Biografts behind me.  It was comforting, but still, I just need to do something.  Biograft just stared at me.  They must be waiting for some form of command, like I usually give them in phights.  I would usually say to eliminate everyone, well, besides me, but I'm in my lab.  "I'm not giving you any orders, you can go to sleep mode." I finally said, turning back around.  I took out a piece of paper, writing down some stuff.  I heard the Biograft stomp away with its loud, metal feet.  How to give a Biograft sentience.  What a tricky task.  I could possibly use life from something else?  Like an animal?  Plant?  What about..a Phighter?  That's..defiantly a possibility.  I drew a small biograft next to a normal phighter.  I take a red pen and circle the normal phighter, and their head, and draw an arrow to biograft.  Maybe getting that metal shell off of Biograft will help.  "Actually.." I murmured to myself.  "BIOGRAFT!  Come back here."  I heard multiple steps.  "Biograft 01." I clarified.  Many of the steps stopped, but one continued.  My first Biograft.

"HELLO, CREATOR." I heard from behind me again. 

I turned excitedly, to see them.  "Oh, my first creation!  Hello, hello!" I happily said.

"WHAT DO YOU NEED, CREATOR?" It asked.

"Could you please sit up on that counter over there?" I said, pointing over to the counter.  It went over, and hopped onto the counter.  "Hold still for a moment, would you?" I said, before shutting Biograft off to sleep.  I went through some of drawers to find a screwdriver, to unscrew the shell of Biograft.  The first thing I did though, was take out the crystal that was powering it.  I felt bad..but it'll be used later.   Who should I even use for this experiment?

...

Hyperlaser.