Ch. 2

~1 WEEK LATER AFTER JOINT PRACTICE~

Summer break was coming up and you were ready. 

"Just gotta survive one. more. week." You said as you were walking down the halls with Gou. Gou chuckled at your comment and then smiled at you.

"Sooooo (Name) got any plans this summer?" Gou asked casually.

"Yup sleeping." 

"Yea uh-huh sure, well are you gonna get a summer job of some sort?" 

You thought about it and you flashed a mischevious grin.

"Oh yea I got a summer job alright." 

"Well what's with the devilish grin....?" Gou said, a little bit worried.

"No reason." You replied nonchalantly continuing to walk down the halls leaving Gou in a confused state. 

~AFTER SCHOOL~

"Ugh I gotta get groceriessss." You whined in your head having one of those moments where you wished you didn't live alone. You practically dragged your  bag and even yourself into the grocery store to buy the things you needed.

You walked over to the drinks.

"Do I need milk? hmmm sure why not." You tossed the carton into the basket and continued with your shopping, which to you basically meant buying whatever looked good to eat or looked like something you ran out of. 

You then went over to the produce section and looked at some fruit.

"Welp. I gotta have SOME healthy things." You reached for some apples but when you did you them all to fall out the crate they were in.

"Are you shitting me right now...." You grumbled in frustration under your breath.

"Ha, clumsy as ever." 

You looked up to see shark boy grinning at you with that mocking tone in his voice when he spoke.

"Ya know instead of being an ass hat you can help pick these apples up." You smiled sweetly at him as you picked up some of the apples and put them back into the crate. Rin let out a 'tch' and picked the rest of the apples up and placed them in the crate as well. 

You picked up your basket and waved at Rin.

"Well gracias Shark Boy." You waved at him and went to the checkout.

"Sure thing, Lava Girl." He snickered and you just crossed your arms and gave him a stern look. As you were checking out you saw that it was storming outside. It was REALLY bad, with all the thunder and lightning and it was already late and the dark made it worse. You stared outside and your heart rate sped up. Even though you had a somewhat tough exterior you were actually TERRIFIED of thunder and lightning storms. You never understood why since you were fine with flashing lights and loud noises, but for some reason storms were never ok for you especially storms at night, those were the worst ones!

You then suddenly feel a hand on your head and you turn to see Rin yet again. Since he was a close friend and knew you for quite awhile he was aware of your huge fear or storms.

"I'll walk ya home (Name)." He said also paying for your groceries. You not even being able to have a say so just stood there continuing the stare at the storm. After paying for your groceries Rin grabbed your wrist surprising you a little. 

"C'mon (Name)." He said tugging on your arm a bit.

"I-I can walk home myself Matsuoka!" You said pulling you arm away.

A huge collision of thunder and lightning flashed in the sky causing you to jump  and let out a tiny, high-pitched yelp. Rin chuckled at your arrogance and put his umbrella over you.