Chapter 23

Sitting with his family during dinner at their dining table, Sasuke felt a bit absent-minded during the meal as he thought of the missing memories of yesterday.

It was alarming that he couldn't recall what exactly happened during those memory gaps in his mind.

Observing his family, he knew something serious occurred making them act so strange towards him as if he's a ticking bomb ready to explode in a given moment.

He didn't understand why.

Was it because of his suppose confrontation with the elders which he knew nothing about it?

Did they do something to him?

Or maybe he didn't even met up with those old grouches since he did suffer from a certain consequence.

He wasn't even sure if he even went.

Well, whatever it is. It's a bit unsettling.

They just kept on glancing at him from time to time.

He was a bit uncertain if asking about it would even get him a clear answer.

Anyway, it's best to stay silent for now it seems.

'Though the food taste good...hmm...'

☆☆☆

Standing in front of the shrine within the sacred grounds deep in the forest, Shikamaru knelt down and bowed his head in respect.

"Thou hast come, child." A deep, melodic male voice sounded from behind as he stayed still where he knelt.

"I bid thee my greetings, Great Sage-sama."

"Hmm." The Great Deer hummed as he slightly tilted his head, allowing the glow of the fading sunset shine over him, observing the boy before him with intrigue.

He noticed the aura surrounding the boy has somehow changed compared to before.

A slight air of nobility, although barely noticeable, comparable to those of ancient times.

A familiar yet unique sense of sophistication that he once knew way back in the old days.

'That foreign chakra seems to be the cause...' He thought.

"Perhaps ye like to ask of what hast transpired in the clan's history, child?"

☆☆☆

Walking from the Jounin building to finally heading home, wanting to check on his son, Shikaku frowned in deep thought regarding his interestingly disturbing conversation with the Uchiha clan head a few hours ago.

To think that these time consequences had gone this far is frightening.

Indra Otsutsuki, the eldest son of the Sage of Six Path and the first victim puppet of Black Zetsu had actually resurfaced from within Sasuke, his second reincarnation.

This is simply worrying.

It's truly fortunate that he was somehow amiable when he took over the boy, considering the many unpleasant stories he had heard about the ancient man.

Otherwise......

'Thankfully the Uchihas had not been made aware of the cause of this, making the movements of the boys more discreet. But for how long I wonder. Most especially, the probability of these similar events pertaining these unpredictable consequences to occur is high. Its not quite far to even assume that Naruto may have experienced the same. Maybe even my son....' his eye twitched, feeling burdened in his heart.