Author's Note

They say that if you want to play D&D by yourself, you should just write a book.  Well, maybe I'm too much of a control freak to play D&D anymore, so here I go. ;)

I spend way too much time on HeroForge creating characters for this silly little thing, but I wanted to give a visual representation of the characters without using AI and since I can't draw, it seemed like a good compromise.

AFTERLIFE is the story (which turned into a saga) I began years ago (and am still working on), after the demise (?) of my most beloved D&D character.  I started writing it to sort out my emotions, understand hers and, in some sense, atone.  (You know just totally normal human behavior, amiright?  Hahahaha!... Ha...)  I wrote it to begin to give her a better ending; to give myself some closure since I wasn't ready to be rid of her just yet (maybe I never will).  So, this is sort of like my therapy... my years long, overcomplicated saga to understand the both of us... but you know... with magic swords.  Then again, what else is the hero's journey, no?  Probably slightly different, fine, but... eh... details.

AFTERLIFE is the first chunk of the saga so to speak, followed by ARMS, then VESTMENTS and ORIGINS.  Though ORIGINS can be read whenever just as soon as I finish it (LOL).  AFTERLIFE is split (currently) into 2 parts: Artifacts and Memories.  All parts are still in process, but the structure is outlined.