Prologue

A/N: Pictured above is MC

Ester wasn't the only one with secrets. Or indiscretions. Mikael had his as well. And his could be considered greater considering one night of passion became a full blown affair. It happened to be with Ester best frenemy, the witch Ayana. There was a personification of their affair, just as Ester had her Niklaus, Ayana and Mikael had their Mandisa.

Mandisa was almost two years younger than Niklaus. Ayana hid her pregnancy from the public. No one but her, Mikael, and the midwife knew. After Mandisa was born, Ayana became more secluded. Not that Ester noticed at the time. It was over six years before Ester caught them all together. Mikael had grown crueler to their children. But there with Ayana and Mandisa, he laughed. She saw the man who seduced her from staying with her sister. Ester vowed that day to get her revenge on them both.

    The opportunity arose and it tickled her that she used Mikael to help. He didn't know she'd stolen a spell from Ayana. An incomplete spell. He also didn't know that Ester used him to lure Mandisa to the caves. She linked her life force to the girls so when Mikael killed her, he would later find the body of his daughter missing a heart.

Ayana was already a step ahead of her. She'd used that last Samhain and some very hard to come across ingredients to make The Immortality spell. The same one her ancestor Qetsiyah used to create the first and only Immortals. She'd given the elixir to her daughter only. But with the linking, Ayana knew that Ester would be brought back when Mandisa was. She begged the ancestors for help. They all suggested entombing her. After all, Mikael was now Immortal and would be there when it was prophesied Ester would walk the mortal plane again. Still Ayana had fun torturing her old friend on the Otherside. Making her run in fear for centuries. She would stop when her daughter was awake again.

    As Ayana tortured Ester in the afterlife, Mikael tortured his other children in the living world. As far as he was concerned, they were the reason he lost Mandisa and had to leave Ayana behind. His beautiful family. Gone. The anger was overwhelming. And eventually it would lead him to his own death at the bastard's hand.