Chapter 6

Mandisa settled into her new home quite easily. It was odd for her. Back in their original time, Mandisa only had her mother and father. Though her father was a sporadic visitor. So she mostly spent time with her mother, learning house crafts and witchcraft. But in the present time, Mandisa often found herself surrounded by people.

It started with their townhouse. It was a luxury townhouse, nicer than anything Mandisa had ever seen before. It honestly seemed too extravagant but it definitely had enough space for everyone to have their own suite and a beautiful courtyard. Mandisa took a room on the ground floor where she could be close to a garden she was cultivating.

Mandisa had been developing a pattern. She would meditate, pray, and go to yoga classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Then she would study the grimoires Klaus and Kol had collected. On Mondays and Sundays, she visited either different covens or different metaphysical shops in the Quarter. She found her way to one owned by a witch named Sabine Laurent. That was a couple weeks ago and she'd visited that one several times since for anything that she needed. Sabine looked at her suspiciously as she checked out. "Why don't you go to any of the other ancestral shops," Sabine asked.

"I am, what have I heard on television, scoping you out? I think I used that right." she said with an easy smile that Sabine returned.

"For what exactly?"

"I think it is possible for you to be more than an ancestral witch." The woman was quite shocked.

"Really? Me? I've never been able to do much besides tourist magic."

"But that's not all that's in your soul. I was thinking about having an Esotre celebration. If I did, would you attend?" she asked. It was the nearest holiday.

"Of course. I'd be honored."

"Good," Mandisa said with a wide grin, "If you know anyone else that is similar to yourself. Old or young. They are welcome as well." Sabine nodded as she bagged her herbs and crystals and Mandisa was off.

Meanwhile Rebekah was exploring the city. she heard the wind and looked to see Marcel appear next to her. "You're here," he said to her. She knew he was alive. She saw him at the Mikaelson ball but they avoided each other.

"I am. You look well,"

"So do you," he told her, "So what's the plan now that you're in New Orleans. Heard you went to High School. Want to be a college girl next?" She smirked and shrugged.

"Maybe."

"How's the new sister?"

"Well you have met Mandisa, haven't you?" she asked as they began to walk together.

"I have. She doesn't like attention but she definitely attracts it. And I know how much you like being the sister surrounded by the protective brothers. Even when you pretend not to."

"It gets tired sometimes. Maybe she'll realize it the moment she has to date," Rebekah said and it caused a clear thick silence, "Don't worry. I don't want you back. And I don't think you want me back either. It's been over a hundred years. I actually have had lovers since you and I'm sure you have to."

"I have. None as serious as you. But I'm immortal so I look forward to the day that changes."

"And I wish it for you," she said to him.

"I'll leave you to your walk. Welcome to town." She smirked.

"Thank you, Marcellus."

"Just Marcel, please."

"Marcel," she said before he disappeared.

Two weeks later, everyone, including compelled workers, were rushing around their compound. Flowers covered every inch of the place. Not preferable with people with their sense of smells. Mandisa rushed around, her hair was braided to one side and her curls were being dragged down by the flowers going through it. "Everyone should be ready soon! Our guests will be here and activities will begin!" Mandisa called out to everyone. She was wearing a couture Jovani pink floral gown. Rebekah came down in a similar gown but hers was more pale pink, going better with her skin.