°▪︎|𝟭.𝟭|°▪︎

"...𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦."

A wave of relief washed over Camila. She shuffled and sat down next to the ginger. She gave the boy behind her an awkward wave.

She prayed that the boy wouldn't talk to her.

Boy, was she wrong.

"Sooo, I'm Aiden. " The blond kid dragged. "What's your name?"

"Uh, I'm Camila."

She turned to the ginger girl, who was awkwardly gazing out the window. "What's your name?"

The ginger girl turned to Camila, then paused. Hesitantly, she said, "...Ashlyn Banner."

Camila thought that was the end of it, but no. It wasn't the end of it. She was very wrong.

The blondie, Aiden, continued on. "Anyways, as I was saying, Ben and I just moved here a week ago from Virginia."

A lot of yapping later, Aiden suggested that they should all hang out often. Just then, Ashlyn put her hand out.

"Sorry, nothing personal but, I'm a bit tired and not in much of a conversation mood." Damn, Camila thought, she really shut him down.

But, Aiden didn't really seem to catch on. He paused for a moment, then he gave the two girls a sly grin.

"Its fine, I get it." And just for a moment, Ashlyn looked relieved.

"You're just shy, right?" Aiden suggested.

Damn, someone's dense.

"It's alright, I'm good at talking, so it'll be fine!"

The guy just kept going, all the way to school. Even as they got off the bus, he just went on and on.

At some point, Aiden's cousin Ben, reminded him that they needed to go to the office. So, Ashlyn took the golden opportunity and grabbed Camila by the wrist, running as fast as she could.

While they were running, Camila could hear Aiden laughing. Then he said something along the lines of "They're fast!"

"Heh..." Camila panted, out of breath. "Good thinking."

"Thanks." Ashlyn said, trying her best to inhale.

"Incoming!"

Oh? That was a new voice.

All of a sudden, a sneaker whizzed past Ashlyn's head, making a nasty dent in the wall.

Camila made a note to pray for the janitor that night.

The two girls looked back to see these 2 hispanic kids, who looked like twins, and some jocks.

One of them bumped into another guy and started an all-out brawl.

Camila and Ashlyn slipped away quietly. Anyways, as they were infront of their classroom, they noticed a shy, but sweet-looking boy.

He dropped his schedule but Ashlyn quickly picked it up.

The boy shyly said thank you.

Aww, he's like a puppy, Camila thought.

There were, of course, assigned seats. Camila deflated a little, as she couldn't sit next to, or behind Ashlyn because their last names were two far apart.

Camila's seat was right behind Ben's seat, Aiden's shy cousin.

As she waited, Camila could hear arguing, it sounded like the two twins from earlier. Anywho, they were late, so they got scolded a little.

The teacher, Mr. Thomas, decided it was a good time to have introductions.

"When its your turn, state your first and last name and say something about yourself." He began, writing his name down on the whiteboard. "My name is Thomas Walter and this is my first time teaching my own class."

All Camila heard was blah, blah, blah.

Anyhow, since the class arranged in alphabetical order, poor Ashlyn had to go first. Honestly, Camila was glad. This meant that she had more time to delay her inevitable doom.

"Ashlyn Banner, I like dogs."

Oh my god, Camila thought, this girl stole my fun fact about myself.

Okay, it's completely fine, Camila could just choose another fun fact. Maybe something about her plants? Or maybe about—

"I'm Aiden Clark, I like bungee jumping, skydiving, rockclimbing, racing water skiing—"

Wow, this guy's good at yapping.

Next was Ben, although he just layed his head down on the table. Aiden ended up introducing him.

Okay okay, Camila thought to herself, you've go this. Just get up, don't trip, open your mouth, then sit back down. Easy right?

Wrong.

Not only did Camila trip on hem of her jeans, but she also messed up her introduction.

"Er..My name is, uh, Camila..yeah.."

.

.

.

"Y'know you're supposed to say your first and last name, and a fun fact, right?" Camila turned arround, shooting daggers at the brunnette jock guy. The same one who lost his shoe 15 minutes ago.

"Uhm. Right. My bad." Camila turned back around. "Uh, My name is Camila Diaz. I, uh, like growing flowers and plants..." Camila awkwardly shifted her weight.

Mr. Thomas gave her a gentle smile. "You can sit down now, Camila." He spoke.

Whew, what a relief.

The introductions went on without anymore embarrassment. There was Logan, the sweet boy from earlier. He like astrology. The pretty twin, Taylor, she was a part of the mechanics club. Lastly, the other hispanic twin, Tyler. He confirmed that yes, they are twins. Oh, and he plays basketball.

Camila didn't exactly bother to remember everybody else. She was busy drawing little flowers and stars on her desk.

Then, a piece of paper hit her back. Camila turned around confused. She made eye contact with Tyler, who was motioning for her to pick it up.

So, she did.

When she picked up the note and read it, Camila was horrified.

The note said this:

"𝘍𝘰𝘤𝘶𝘴, 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭. 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨."

Camila felt her face getting warm. She balled it up and shoved it in her jean pocket.

"Now that introductions are done," Mr. Thomas began. "Let's talk about the semester-long group project!" He exclaimed.

.

.

.

Yeah, he's way too excited about this.

|
\/