°▪︎|𝟭.𝟮|°▪︎

"𝘓𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳-𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵!”

Oh lord, Camila thought. This was going to be rough.

“Today you’ll be choosing your group partners for the project and each group should consist of six, but no more than seven people.” Mr. Thomas explained.

It’s ok, maybe he’ll let you work alone.

“Oh, and no one will be able to work alone.” Mr. Thomas looked a little too happy saying that.

Okay, Mr. Thomas is officially on Camila’s opp list.

.

.

.

As everyone formed their little groups, Camila nervously looked around. Every group already had six or seven people.

Crud.

Camila sat down awkwardly at her desk, nervously chewing at her fingernails. “Hey!” That startled Camila. “Wanna join our group?”

It was the girl from before, Taylor.

A few beats of silence passed, then Camila spoke up. “Me?” She said, pointing at herself.

“No, the class pet that’s behind you.” Tyler quipped.

“Oh right, my bad.” Camila took the class pet, which was a hamster, out of its cage. Then, she sloppily held it out. “Uh, here.”

Tyler facepalmed while the others let out quiet giggles. “We meant you, idiot.”

“Oh. Right, I knew that.” Camila put the hamster down and hobbled over to their group, standing in the corner out of the way.

Ashlyn looked up from her desk. “Are you just gonna stand there? Go get your desk.” With that, she waved Camila away. Camila shuffled her desk over, putting it in between Ashlyn and Taylor.

Anyways, Mr. Thomas explained that the project will be focusing on Georgia’s oldest city, Savannah. In addition, there’s also an overnight field trip.

He went on to say that it was optional and whoever goes can get extra credit for their respective grade. Camila was tempted. C’mon, a field trip that gives you extra credit? Who would say no? Plus, the permission slips are pink.

The only problem was that Camila had just about no friends. Which means no one to sit next to.

Oh well.

The rest of the class was pretty calm and quiet. Thirty minutes had passed pretty quickly.

“Don’t forget to have your slips signed and bring them back on monday!” Mr. Thomas reminded them.

As Camila was packing up her stuff, Ashlyn came up to her. “Hey, we all got dragged into a group chat. Get everyone’s number, okay?”

“Got it.” Camila gave her a thumbs up, then she checked her phone. She was, in fact, dragged into a group chat with six other people.

Great.

.

.

.

It was around five in the afternoon. Camila was doodling little flowers in her sketchbook. She looked up and gazed around her room. She was surrounded by some of the most beautiful flowers ever. Her favorites were her white hanging begonias and her pink tulips.

Then, there was a knock on the door.

Mhm, someone else will get it, Camila hummed to herself.

"Mija! Go get the door!" Camila's dad shouted from down stairs.

Ughh.

Cama lazily walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey, Mila!"

Oh.

Oh.

Standing on her porch infront of her were Aiden and Ben.

Camila quickly tried to shut the door, but Aiden wedged his foot in between the door.

"Nuh uh!" He chimed.

"...How'd you find my address?"

"C'mon, let us inside."

So there they were, sitting in Camila's living room along with her parents. Camila's parents eyed her in confusion.

"So, mija, you made some new friends?" Camila's mom, Gabriela said, breaking the silence.

"Uhm, I guess you could say that..." Camila rubbed the nape of her neck.

"Camila forgot her permission slip on her desk, so we just wanted to bring it to her." Aiden remarked.

"Hey—"

"Oh? Permission slip? What for?" Camila's dad said, cutting her off.

"She didn't tell you? There's a trip coming up soon!"

Oh my god. This freakin' snitch.

"Aye, Mija! Why didn't you tell us?" Camila's mom cried out.

"Er..well—"

Aiden placed the permission slip on the desk and continued talking to Camila's parents about who knows what.

Camila shot put of her seat and begqn to usher Aiden and Ben up. She wanted them out. "Look at the time! Its getting late, you should head home!" Camila rambled.

"Huh? But c'mon we have so much time! It's only 6:00!" Aiden complained, getting dragged out by Camila. "Oh well! Bye now!" And with that, Camila shoved them out and slammed the door in their faces.

Camila went back to the couch and sat down, waiting for someone else to break the silence.

|
\/