Chapter 5 - Stardust And Recollection

mb i made yall wait long 💀

✧•✧•✧•✧•✧•✧•✧

After losing you a few days ago, Heaven was fine, no one knew what happened between you and Sera- except Adam but he kept quiet, He didn't like you after what you did to Lute, he felt rather humbled from when you stopped and dragged him back to Heaven and it pissed him off entirely.

Sera was at her desk, finishing her work in the same room that had been covered by your blood days before but she cleaned that up before anyone would discover the incident. It was all fine until-

knock, knock, knock.

"Come in." Sera says as she put her attention away from the papers she was focusing on, she sat up straight before Emily came in, panting and disheveled, a worried look on her face, "Emily?" Sera's body relaxed into her seat, seeing as it was only her sister and not some official business, "What is the matter dear?" Sera asked with concern as Emily ran up to her desk tossed down whatever she had in her hands, "Where's Y/n?" Emily asked, "The stars she made around the city are hurting, I can feel their pain."

Sera looked down at her desk to see stars Emily gathered, they chimed weakly in sorrow, Sera didn't know what to do but she did know what to say, "Y/n is..." she pauses, trying to remember the cover up story she made for your absence, "Y/n became fallen." Sera says, Emily shocked and surprised, "but how? she says, trying to find any reason why you would, "A few days ago, she hurt many of our people, our people," she half lied, "so she had to go."

Emily looked down at the weakened stars on the desk, the stars seemed to have sensed your absence in Heaven and that's when they began to grow bleak, "I didn't even get to say goodbye," Emily saddened, holding up one of the stars that squeaked to her, trying to tell them it's woes, "how come no one told me about her becoming fallen?" she asks her sister, feeling a bit hurt from being left out in the blue, "she's was hostile and dangerous," Sera stated, lying behind your back to keep Emily at bay, "She had to dealt with quickly and she was." She spoke, Emily softly poking the star with a boop to comfort it, "A week ago, I started sensing their dismay and before you know it, they are slowly becoming weaker," Emily says as she walked around the desk to get close to her sister, she gave the star to Sera to hold, to see if Sera could feel their pain.

Sera held it with both hands, observing the star, the star sensed Sera's presence and touch, it squeaked in sorrow before it crumbled in Sera's hands, making both the Seraphim's wide eye in shock, "oh no, what happened?" Emily says confused, taking the dust out of Sera's hands rather quickly, no longer feeling any consciousness of the crumbled star, "why did it just..?" Emily tries to ask, not wanting to accept its loss, she took the other stars off the desk, scared they might fall apart as well.

Sera tried to think, it was one problem after another to her, she got rid of you for her own sake, realizing now she might have just jeopardized the balance of Heaven for all her people thanks to losing you because of her own selfishness, Sera sighed before standing up out of her seat, "I don't know, Emily," She said, honestly for once during their entire conversation, "but what I do know is that without someone with the ability to make the stars, all the stars might fade away too, especially the ones that work and help our people on a daily basis." She states, walking to her younger sister, holding her hands in hers, "I'll try and figure something out for our people, okay?" She comforts her, kissing her head before going back to sit at her desk to continue to work.

Emily quietly left the office without another word, she looked at her hands, after Sera had contact with your stars, the others crumbled to nothing but dust as well. Emily couldn't help but wonder, where are you now? and are you okay? She would never know the answers but all she can do is hope that you are.